Since hubby has been out of work for so long I sort of get in a funk after awhile. I can't help it. At times I'm all optimistic, glass half full attitude and the next minute I want to scream at everyone (especially hubby).
I suppose its good that I've been at least expressing some emotion -- good and bad. If i didn't I'd probably be broken out in hives by now!
Tonight when we were walking around the neighborhood (we were supposed to be running-HA!) I was asking Hubby that if money didn't matter what would he be doing?
And sadly he couldn't answer that question.
I think after awhile we stop dreaming when we become "adults" because that is how the World says we should be. Just settle into a job, make money, get more stuff and be happy. Don't forget having 2.5 kids, a house, a dog and at least 2 cars.
Somehow striving to be what the World says we should be we forget about dreaming. Dreaming about WHO God wants us to be.
Dreaming about what our lives could be like if we let God take over.
Dreaming about all those we could reach.
Hubby and I dream in spurts mostly. We have our good months and then we have our "reality" months where all we can think about is just making ends met, but lately its felt like Gods right there just asking us to dream outside of what the World would have us believe.
I'm not very nice sometimes when I talk to hubby. I'll confess to that and its truly one of my largest pitfalls at times, but lately my not being nice has been more like trying to speak some life back into his spirit! I told him that he has got to start dreaming again. That God would have nothing less because he expects us to think BIG because he's a big God! Our dreams for ourselves don't even come close to all God has for us!
His dreams are even bigger and I bet we barely grasp some of those dreams at times.
Whatever God is trying to teach Hubby and myself thru this whole no job situation, I don't know yet. But what I DO know is God doesn't want us to give up and to begin to Gorge on his affection and the dreams we could achieve when we add Him to the equation.
I pray that God is to start filling both of us with Dreams and visions for our future. Who knows where God could take us when we just tap into HIS dreams.....man, they could reach nations.
2 comments:
AMEN! Thought you needed an Amen for your prayer! Em
I will throw in an AMEN too! One of my fave little sayings is "DREAM BIGGER!"
Post a Comment