A lot of my friendsand Noah's Friends have crazy weekends, but we don't. We have lazy weekends. I figure we run around like crazy people all week, taking the weekend to sleep in and play Wii together is a blessing in disguise.
Today we slept in (well I did) and did a little house cleaning for about an hour or so. Then we headed off on foot to the mall which is about 3 miles away from our house to get a Free Pretzel because it was Free Pretzel day at Auntie Anne's today!
Noah wasn't too excited about the walk, but he was fine about 10 min into the walk. It felt good to get out into the fresh air and the sun which made a rare appearance today. Going on these long walks not only helps our health, but helps me think.
I think about everything.
I think about the moss on this tree that has been cut down, but still has life all over it, about the cars rushing along side us, about the apartment complex we cut thru on the way there...just anything.
Today I thought about how lucky we are as a family. noah wanted to know why teachers dont' drive fancy cars when we saw her at the light. We told him teachers don't drive fancy cars because they sacrifice their pay to teach kids like him. they don't do it for the money because helping kids learn is worth more then a fancy car.
We talked about getting my car fixed soon since we don't want it to break down and cause other issues because it finally gave up.
We stopped by our favorite grocery store on our way home, Top Foods and got a quick cookie snack and went into our favorite Forza store. Got the CD that Noah's school sang on with PFC's worship pastor and headed home.
I also made homemade chicken stock while we were walking in the crock pot and whipped up some apple bread and scones when we got home.
It was a lazy day. now I sit just thinking and mindlessly doing nothing.
So while others rushed around and got their kids off to games and went shopping. We had another lazy Saturday.
Lazy Saturday's are good. They bring families closer together I think.
Thanks Lazy Saturday's!
No comments:
Post a Comment