ded·i·ca·tion /ˌdɛdɪˈkeɪʃən/ –noun
1.the act of dedicating.
2.the state of being dedicated: Her dedication to medicine was so great that she had time for little else.
3.a formal, printed inscription in a book, piece of music, etc., dedicating it to a person, cause, or the like.
4.a personal, handwritten inscription in or on a work, as by an author to a friend.
5.a ceremony marking the official completion or opening of a public building, institution, monument, etc.
1.the act of dedicating.
2.the state of being dedicated: Her dedication to medicine was so great that she had time for little else.
3.a formal, printed inscription in a book, piece of music, etc., dedicating it to a person, cause, or the like.
4.a personal, handwritten inscription in or on a work, as by an author to a friend.
5.a ceremony marking the official completion or opening of a public building, institution, monument, etc.
That is how dedication is described in the dictionary and I got to thinking the other day while browsing around some videos on Netflix. I saw some videos about gymnasts and their crazy dedication to that sport and then Fame and the kids dedication to their music/art. All of it got me to thinking, What if I was that dedicated to God?
And I don't mean like just dedicated like I'll devote X amount of time to Him, I mean the dedication like Athletes have. When people are training for the Olympics it isn't just a once a week sort of thing, its like balls to the walls dedication -- they are going for Gold and nothing less. They train and train and then train some more, their lives are devoted to it and they live and breathe it.
What if we as Christians were like that?
And I know that we think that its more for Pastors or those in ministry, but what if we treated God like our Sport? That we wanted SO much of Him it was something we put our ALL into just like an athlete does. Sounds pretty amazing doesn't it?
I was thinking about it today during Worship how I needed to be more dedicated to God when it came to my prayer and bible reading. I will never be personally satisfied about my bible reading or prayer, just because its been something I've struggled with my whole Walk up to this point. But I was also thinking that if I did read more of my bible I would be a more powerful prayer warrior because praying with scripture brings Heaven right down around you. I want that. For me prayer and worship are similar things. I can't pray or sing very well, but using worship as my prayer helps me make the transition to praying with power a lot easier. So think week I'm going to be concentrating on my dedication and where I'm pouring my dedication right now. More then likely my dedication is in my thoughts and fretting. I have been a mess and jangle of nerves this past week and I'm probably pushing a breakdown if I don't BREAKDOWN and get on my knees before God STAT. Know what I'm saying??
I think if I had one thing I truly dedicated myself to I would really excel at it. I don't know what I'm truly good at sometimes, but I know I'm good at expressing myself and sometimes I think God really pops some good writing ideas into my head. If my blog is being used for you in any way -- I thank you. I thank you for reading and maybe you'll think of some of "my neverending thoughts" which a lot of the time are not even MY thoughts, they are God's. Honestly. Ok sometimes they are mine. God probably wouldn't use the term Balls to the Wall.
So I'm going to try this whole God Dedication thing and really be Sold Out to him. Remember how popular that terms was at one time in Christian circles?? I think it was a Carmen song or something! ;)
So go be dedicated to God today, and not just normal dedication but Athlete dedication!
No comments:
Post a Comment