Sunday, March 29, 2009

Disappointed

Are you there God? Its Me, Marcie...

God I'm so disappointed and I know I've been avoiding coming to you about this because it breaks my heart in 2.

So we have to pull Noah out of CCS and you know I didn't want to do this. Especially when he's going to be in 5th Grade. But I also know that if I didnt' do it now I would say that every year, "Well not when he's going into 6th grade..." and so on.
But its still crushing for me.

I know there is nothing wrong with Public School Lord. Heck I was in it my whole entire life and I turned out pretty cool--awesome actually. But I just really wanted this for him....at least I think I wanted it for him.
Ok part of it was for me. To prove that private school kids do have a better edge academically. Maybe its because we weren't anything special in school and were not exactly super smarties (we being my bro & I ).

Which is a lame excuse because let's face it not smart kids come out of private schools all the time and super smart kids come out of Public schools too.

I guess I just wanted better for him. I also didn't want him to have to deal with things like learning about things contarary to your Word Lord or learn about things I want to teach him with Your angle on it.

I guess its time to accept that I need to start teaching him about those things now instead of when Public schools teach him. Beat them to the punch.
But my heart is still breaking to have to tear him away from his friends and make him start over.

I think we're doing the right thing though Lord. You know we want to be more financially free and not having this school payment will help a lot. Just please help Noah get thru this transition. Help him to see he has so much to give to the kids at the new school just like his old school.

2 comments:

Brianna said...

Elijah has been to three different schools. It was hard on him, but he has found balance and happiness where we are now. I'm sure it will be an adjustment, but I'm sure he will figure it out and have some good friends in no time...maybe good enough for a lifetime of friendship like us :)

Rachel Ann said...

First of all...I got your email with the "new" blog addy but forgot to add it to blogroll...so forget to check it...so sorry!

Sorry that you have to take Noah out of school...I know how much and how hard you've worked to keep him there. However, think of it this way...maybe God wants this so He can bless you in some way for being obedient!!

Ya know I love you tons!