Thursday, January 24, 2008

Counting Calories



So my friends and I (ok there is only 3 of us doing it) at work are counting our calories to have a better idea of where the weight is coming from.

Honestly I've never counted calories before, but I was intriqued if maybe I was just packing on "bad" calories or if I wasn't getting enough calories. The closest I have come to counting calories was in high school where this girl who would sit with us at lunch and gripe about, "Do you KNOW how many calories are IN that????" She wasn't my favorite lunch buddy.

We are using Calorie Count Plus from About.com because its free and they will give you food suggestions and analysis how long it will take you to lose weight. It also includes a calorie burner calculator as well. Its sort of like a game for us! We like it. And its been motivating us to beat the day befores calories. Depending on how much you want to lose you can keep a daily track of your calorie intake and then know how many more calories you can eat for that day. Its handy.

I want to lose about 15 lbs by at least April. Because it'll be my 30th Birthday on that date. Ahem, I do like chocolate btw. This year is full of milestones for me and losing my extra weight is going to really help me be motivated for a great year!

Not only am I turning 30, but Noah is turning 10, James & I will celebrate our 10 yr anniversary on 7/25 as well! Your 10 yr anniversary is apparently the "aluminum" anniversary. So I'm supposed to get aluminum gifts. What does that mean? I don't want aluminum, unless its recycled aluminum that would be ok.

Happy Counting Calories Everyone!

2 comments:

Danae` said...

That calorie count plus thing is a great idea....not that I would use it but it could be very helpful if I did!!
Good luck with losing weight!!Even though last time I saw you,you looked great!!!:)...But I know it's all about how you feel in your own skin!!!
Cute little picture too!!!

Rachel Ann said...

30!!! I put it in my calendar so I wouldn't forget!!!!

So I too would like to drop a few pounds (or a lot), and I have to tell you it is hard when you live with Mr. Sweet Tooth (my brother-in-law)...BUT I haven't had ANY (NONE, ZIP, NADA) pop since the beginning of the year.