Monday, December 11, 2006

Healing vs. A Miracle

So we got into this deep discussion with our MC student yesterday about what a healing & a miracle are described as.

they were told:
- a miracle is something that takes places instantly.
- and a healing is something that takes place over time. (like when you cut yourself, its healing)

QUESTION:
BUT on that note, WHO in the bible had a healing take place then based on that Definition???

Every story in the bible that I'm aware of would have been considered a miracle...

I know we all technically might have our own defintions of a miracle/healing, but after that discussion last night I pretty much see them as being the same.

Please weigh in...it'll give my MC student something to bring to his debate next week.

2 comments:

Rachel Ann said...

I understand the concept that they are going for; however, I firmly believe that a person can have a miraclous healing take place instantaneously (spelling?). I've heard of people that have had ailments lasting years and being healed in an instant, which I would consider a miracle.

Sheeshhh...what are those MC leaders teaching those kids? :)

MKD said...

I agree with you too. I dont' see the difference between them at all. They are the same!
But again, I guess its seen as something different then we are aware of!