Wednesday, December 06, 2006

That time of Year again...

So its that time of year again, Christmas time! This year will be different for me because I can finally experience C-mas from the other side. Instead of griping at everyone to me nice to the sales people or anyone who works in a retail/food enviroment, I get to be on the other side being nice! (ironic huh!?)
We have the tree up, the lights Up, the C-mas music on all the time now (Gotta love Warm 106.9 for that) and I'm trying to get into the c-mas spirit, but I think I'm so jadded from how hard its been lately $$ wise.
I'm trying my hardest to be happy & accept the circumstances as they are. You know, be happy when you have a lot or a little? But Sorry I don't have the faith like Paul does, although I wish I did!
Having paychecks that are so small, but my bills aren't getting any smaller!! Its funny how that works!

I know, I know, Bah Humbug is a little bit of what I feel like. What makes me the most sad is not being able to bless people this c-mas. Normally we'll go & buy gifts for our local giving tree because we want to teach Noah that other people have needs especially at c-mas time. So we usually pick a boy around Noah's age so he can shop for him. he gets all into it & last year he wanted to pray for the boy for awhile. Its things like that that really makes you feel so happy to share your bounty with others.
But not this year. It breaks me heart to see the giving tree all full of tags of gifts of simple need based type things & I can't participate....
James kept talking about doing this & that for the giving tree & I eventually had to fess up (I do the money) that we couldn't do it this year. He was bummed, but you know its just how life is sometimes.

don't get me wrong, we're not sitting here freezing because we can't afford heat or there is no food in our house! Nothing like that!! We have food & had enough money to get a good tree too! So we have what we need to get by. I just wish we had an overabundance...

Christmas is not about "stuff" & honestly we don't ever really buy Noah a ton of gifts because he gets so much all year round anyway. I just like to go shopping for those in need.
Like on Warm 106.9 they do the Christmas Wish segment where they give money or whatever to needy families or for someone to give to others. And everytime I hear them I cry because it just touches me so deep.
Today they gave a lady some money to get a dog (from a shelter) for her 2 kids who didn't really have a whole lot this c-mas because she was a single parent & already stuggling to make ends meet.
Then another wish was to give money to a lady ($600) to bless those in her neighborhood in honor of her husband's memory. Because he always loved to give at C-mas.
Its things like that that really break my heart. You can read all about people with needs on Craigslist too.

I don't know...maybe its just me & maybe I'm just upset about our current financial situation & that is making me get all poo-poo about things.

Here's the thing, if you have extra money this year to spend on just one person--please go to the giving tree (usually at the malls) and pull a tag for me!! We usually do the elderly folks because everyone always shops for the kids & the elderly just have needs, not wants. They have easy cheap stuff too like Blankets or PJ's. Easy stuff.
So do it for me & get your kids involved too!
If I can't do it then I want to encourage all my blogging fans to do it!!

No comments: