Ok so I pissed off my neighbor lady today (the one I wrote about before). Yes I shouldn't use that type of language, but there really isn't any other way of explaining how mad I probably made her feel without getting WAY to colorful.
Anyway so Noah decided to disobey me by going over their house when he claimed he was riding his bike. I did tell him before he left, No going over to their house you spent too much time there already this week. So its not like Noah didn't see this coming.
When I finally figured out he was over there, for lack of a better word, I was pissed.
I called over there to be sure of where he was & yes he was there. I told her send Noah home & tell him he's busted. She said why dont' you tell him. I said nope and basically hung up.
(I know what you're thinking, but please hear me out first!!)
I'm standing out on the sidewalk watching for him & after about 5 minutes I knew he wasn't coming. So I march over to their house & ring the doorbell and stand there for awhile wondering if anyone was really actually home. Finally she comes to the door and yells for Noah. When I finally hear him coming I'm yelling about how he better get home now & how dare he disobey me.
She starts in on how Noah told her that James said it was fine. Which only made me madder because James didnt' even know noah left let alone said it was ok. I told Noah that was a lie & he knew it.
He starts crying & she starts in making peace by saying Noah could come over at such & such time later.....this is what drives me nuts! Stop making me look like the mean evil mommy while you're over there trying to override me by making him feel better!!!
I grab Noah's bike & we start walking off & she yells to me about something like You need to come get him when you want him to come home. And I flat out told her I didnt' know he was there until I called her. And stalked off. Yes, I stalked. But not very gracefully I was trying to push Noah's bike with one hand.
Might I mention really quickly that I wrote in my note to her that I did not want Noah at their house on the weekends! Oh but that note was returned back to me anyway with some peace making thing written back to me!!!
I get Noah in the house finally who is crying up a storm because he knows he's in trouble and into his room. I see James on the phone & I know its her. Great.
James is like, umm ok. Leave it to the husband to not know whats going on!
So he gets off the phone & says well Noah isnt' allowed over there until we all sit down & have a meeting.
A meeting?
Is she really serious about that? Because I'm not only mad at her but I'm furious at Noah for getting caught in a lie AGAIN!!!!!! Trust me, this is why I had to write the note to her in the first place was to catch Noah before he continued his lying streak. Right back to the respect issue again, which is prior to neighbor lady getting in the middle.
Fine I say, Whatever. I don't care anyway.
James thinks this is funny. He's like, I'll talk to you when you're done with your mood. I make some sort of nasty comment about Noah lying, again, which puts james in a nasty mood.
Sigh...
So long story short, Noah felt bad. He now knows that he's not allowed to play with her kids until we iron out these issues and he's been an angel all night. (he does this all the time, get in trouble, become an angel later on)
And now the neighbor lady thinks I'm this crazy yelling fool. Which I'm. I won't deny that! I was mad at both of them, but only took it out on Noah. Why should I keep quiet? He purposely disobeyed me & lied to her about it.
I can't be the only Mom who yells at her kids when they do stupid stuff?
(ok maybe I'm & I'll probably get a ton of comments with scriptures about being slow to anger, so save it!!!! I want to hear the nasty stuff!!!!)
James tells me just 2 days before today that neighbor lady is Bi-polar. Well great. That should make all of this even more difficult.
I made Noah sweep the deck as part of his punishment & he asks if that was a chore? Heck yeah it is. James tells me that at neighbor lady's house when her kids do chores they get paid money. To which I'm sure you're thinking so what?
Well they get paid to do chores like keep their rooms clean or BRUSH THEIR TEETH. They get paid to brush their teeth. Now thats just too much for me. Why should any kid get paid to do something they should do anyway?!!
OOOhhhh man!
I cracked up though. That was too ridiculous for me to handle. FUNNY!!!
Ok if you pay your kids to brush their teeth, then I think you're weird too. Noah has 5 toothbrushes in his bathroom. I don't know if he uses all 5 of them but its all readily avaliable if he wants too and he ain't getting paid to do it.
All this will blow over soon. I'm just heated right now. Heated that Noah is still struggling with lying & heated that she got pissed over something so little. I'm sure she's probably praying about me right now trying to figure out how to handle this. While her I'm being very unchristian venting my frustration on a blog instead of taking it to GOD!!! Man, I blew it today.
SO I know you all will leave me some sort of sweet comments about how we all get angry sometimes and so on.... Go ahead if you want, but I will probably take a little bit to recieve it!!!!
But do your Christian duty & tell me how wrong I'm because a real friend would do that anyway & I do consider all of you like that.
Thanks for reading my ramblings.
4 comments:
I'm not leaving any sweet comments...I have to say I was trying not to laugh out loud and wake everyone up in my house!!! I totally have this mental picture of you storming the neighbors, and hoping that you are better when I sit by you in church tomorrow!! :)
We all need to vent at times, and you should see me when I get mad!
All I can say is....can I be a fly on the wall at that meeting???
:) I'd pay money!!
Ok, I won't leave you a nice scripture either, like slow to anger..... because well I would have been mad too! Sounds like your neighbor is a real piece of work. Now I am not great at confrontations unless, someone asks me "what do you think?" then well I let them have it, but only if they ask.... so I know that isn't much advice for you, but that is what you get... have it out with the woman, say your peace let her says hers, then if you can move on, cuz well you have to live next to her... unless you are moving soon!
So is that the best advice probably not, however, it has worked for me in the past. As for Noah, I personally think it is a bit of a control issue the lying. He is wanting his way, and not doing it too successfully!
You did make me smile, cuz well we all have had those days, no matter if everyone will admit it, we have all been angry at someone for something.!
Love ya! Em
As the father of a six year old I feel your pain and frustration. Don't worry, no scripture coming your way. I am sure that at one point or another, our neighbors have thought that my wife and I were crazy out of control parents with absolutely no grasp on reality or the latest parenting techniques. Once in a while, you just gotta let it go.Oh yeah - Kudos to you for not bribing your kids to accomplish basic life skills. We will be praying for your sanity.
Don't worry, I know the truth, our kids plot in reading circles at school to suck every ounce of rationilism and sanity out of us. It's a ploy. Keep writing. I enjoy it
Post a Comment