Sunday, September 25, 2005

To Early to Tell...

So I attempted to be a part of the church today by having my own small group.
A small group is sort of like a bible study, just maybe not concentrating on a specific portion of the bible like a typical bible study would do.
So mine for supposed to be for Young Mothers. Yep, it went no where fast. I got one person to sign up & that was when I wasn't there last night for Saturday night service. Maybe I was a little off base by only having it open to Young Mothers, but the majority of my church is full of young people. The guys who oversee the small group leaders said I was right on target & thought it would get a lot of response....well like my title states it's to early to tell...
Hey, at least I tried right?
I'm not really good at getting involved at church. I tend to just ignore the whole idea of being involved. But I'm trying a little harder now.
I don't know that I'll continue my group if only one person can come. I might ask her if she thinks I need a different evening or time slot, etc. Hopefully she knows someone else who might be interested. (Brianna if you are reading this you too are more then welcome to come because afterall, you are a young mom too!!)
I just wanted it to be a group where we as mom's could come together & just fellowship & grow with one another in Christ. I would want a group like that for me & since there wasn't one I decided it would be a perfect opportunity to just start one myself.

I'll admit I was a little disappointed. But part of me isn't disappointed. Maybe its because there will be a response, just not quite yet.
I'll keep you posted.

Sooo... I guess I started a little stir with my letter to Noah's Teacher...
I Do believe I need to meet with Noah's teacher. Trust me, I'm getting to be a pro at this. Last year we meet with Noah's last teacher 2 different times outside of conference time. And one of those times was because I sent an e-mail that wasn't very well received.... I shouldn't have been so blunt with my wording & it caught her off guard. But in the end she changed a part of her behavior charting from our ideas. So I guess it turned out ok.
Maybe I should explain Noah's current teacher a little better.
She has got be nearly 80 years old. AND I'm NOT kidding!! If she isn't, then she isn't aging very well.... Lots of gray & wrinkles, walks slowly, has very swollen ankles, big glasses from the 80's and told me from the get-go that she "runs a tight ship."
Lets face it, she's old & set in her ways....
It'll be a tough one to change to say the least. Not that I'm giving up, but I wanted everyone to have an idea of what she is like.
I know she started at his school back in the day when it originally started & who knows when that was. Probably back when it was a one school room building & Laura Ingalls Wilder attended.
Ok, I shouldn't be so mean!!! Its very un-Christ like of me!!!!

Noah had 2 good school days after his bad day last week. Which is a good sign, but I'm sure it'll be a tough road other days. And I'll be watching & listening. I have no fear of this teacher & since I'm paying for his school this year vs. being in a public school, I'd like to think I pull a little more weight this time around.

I'll keep you all posted on that one too.
And most of all, thank you for caring.


Forgive Me Lord!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do think that it's so important to talk with the teacher...and if she is too old and set in her ways then you should talk with the principal. There are too many parents who aren't involved enough in their child's education. I think it's important that we stand up for our kids when it's appropriate. She may get him for the whole day..but he's yours forever. Don't let one teacher ruin school for him! I've always loved how blunt and upfront you are with people...one of my fav things about you.