My long week is only getting longer, or at least it feels like that!
Don't you ever have weeks that feel like they just drag on and on..?
I guess my week is technically over since its nearly Friday, but doesn't feel like it!! Not to mention I get my new work schedule & I won't see another day off till next Wednesday. Bummer.
So's the life of a retail sales associate! And it'll only get worse...
I think my last blog might have come across a different way then I had intended.
Nah, we don't need meals or things along those lines. I think I was making a pop-shot at the idea of when people have a crisis or life changing event (babies, death, etc) we bring them food. That really was where I was going with that. I a lot of people's response to things like that is to comfort with food. Do you think its an American thing? Or something more deeply rooted then that?
I think I've come to realize how deeply my hubby hurt himself. We discovered a pin sticking out of his finger (most likely setting the bone) when changing the wrap. Lets just say we didn't totally change the dressing because it caused him too much pain & grossed me out. This is why I'm not a nurse. I can't even handle puke, let alone pins sticking out of people's fingers!!! Gross!
You might have read a previous blog of mine mentioning that we were taking in a Master's Commission Student from our church. She'll be living with us from Oct-June. We now know who are student will be. Her name is Cheapo. Yep, you read that correctly. We're pretty sure its short for something that might be a little difficult for us to pronounce. She is an exchange student from Africa so to me that is super exciting!!
We have a bed for her finally, but are still on the hunt for a dresser & maybe a lamp & sidetable. Oh & we don't have bedding for her bed quite yet either... Her bed is a queen & we only have twins & fulls in this house. Let me know if anyone out there knows where I can get that sort of stuff for cheap or free. Free is always good!!
Its going to be interesting to have someone living in my house that I don't know at all.
Probably a very humbling experience I'm sure is how it'll all turn out. I hope she doesn't think we're boring. I'll admit I like to watch tv!
gotta go~! You can leave comments on my blog now! Its open for all.
MKD
2 comments:
Marcie, We just got a king size bed, so I have some extra sheets and maybe a quilt if you want to use them while she is here..the sheets you can just have if you want..they aren't gross or anything...if not, try Bed, Bath and Beyond at the supermall...I got a ton of stuff there cheep for our new bed, they have a bunch of great clearance stuff at that store! Let me know!
Yes, that is my next stop! Did you know that those coupons they send in the mail (for 20% off one item) NEVER expire?! It is awesome! I have some from about 2 years ago that they'll still accept. Let me know if you ever need one!
Post a Comment