It was just a finger, but you never realize how much you need that finger until you injure it or cause damage.
My husband severed his tendon to his right middle finger with a table saw. For him, having less use of his hand is serious business. He does construction & uses his hands so frequently. And he hurt his middle finger on his dominant hand so that also wasn’t good. He nearly lost his finger because it cut it on a table saw. Needless to say, the table saw won that round!
It was scary to say the least.I’m not big on hospitals.But the hardest thing for me was that my husband got hurt & he was hurt badly..You realize how much your spouse means to you when they are suddenly rushed to the hospital & then require surgery.
He had surgery yesterday & was up & ready to roll right afterwards. It was afterall just a finger? But is it just a finger?
I know God was taking this instance, although making me feel like I aged a few years suddenly, and turned it around for good.
Ok, I’m sort of just saying that by faith right now….
I’ll admit there is a part of me that wants to collapse from this, but its weird to think that I’m not losing control. A few years ago I would have just lost it & hardly been able to function, but right now I have this huge sense of relief & peace. I just know things are going to be ok. I’m not even worried that much about the finances.
I dont’ think I’m worried about the $$ because I’ve been faithful. Faithful with my tithe. Its so simple, yet yeilds the best rewards then any Stocks or mutual fund.Even though right now we are unsure as to when he’ll be able to go back to work, I’m not worried.
I keep thinking there is something wrong with me!I should be worrying right? I should be stressed & not able to sleep, but I’m not. Maybe I’m in denial… Well, if I’m then I’m glad that God put me in that state of mind! I probably need it to stay sane!!!
I have been a little surprised at how this has all played out though.I called maybe 3 people to let them know what had happened & only 2 of them followed up to see how my husband was doing. I think things like this really shows you who your friends really are. Or maybe I should say, it shows how close you are to some & not to others.I did send out e-mails to others and so did one of my friends so they can’t say they weren’t informed about the situation. In fact, I even heard of one friend state she should call me…blah blah blah…actions speak louder then words right?I know if it had been others I know, they would have expected me to call them or be there for them…. funny how that works.
But even though people haven’t really BEEN there for me per say (like bringing me food for something), I know that some were there for me with just prayer. That is priceless & cannot be measured here on earth. I’m thankful those prayers are still at work today.
Stressful situations take you to a different level in my walk with Christ. With each one I travel thru there are times when I lean on God or times when I try to go it on my own strength. I can remember those sitations when I tried to do it all myself as being the most difficult & the longest battles. This time, it felt like everything was going to be ok from the beginning. Sure I cried & called out to the Lord, but the peace this time is like annointing oil, just so soft & healing.
I spent a little time in the Chapel at the hospital my husband had his surgery at, good ol’ Catholic hospitals they are ready for church at anytime. I felt a little out of my element. Afterall, I’m not catholic & I haven’t been in many catholic churches even, but I needed a place to go that was quiet & that place was. It was simple & clean in there. I dipped my fingers in the holy water thing & did that whole rituation thing..maybe I shouldn’t have done that, but I didn’t have anyone to annoint me so that worked.
I kneeled close to the altar and just spent time thinking & praising God a little (IPod of course!!) but not too loud because it echoed in there.It was a little release.
Just a time to reflect on what he’d done for me over the past 24 hours.
I would have loved to have worshiped a little more, but eventually my phone rang (I know don’t tell the people in the hospital I had my phone on) to tell me about my husband being out of surgery.
All in all, it was tough couple days. Tough on everyone especially my husband. But I guess the best thing about all this is we get to spend some time together when I’m not working.
Maybe the stress will try to come when that mortgage is due or when those bills start to come in, but for now I”m going to enjoy the peace of God.
Because remember, God is good…all the time!!
No comments:
Post a Comment