Monday, April 11, 2011
Long Term Unemployment....
So hubby has been out of work since June 2009 at this point.....and its really starting to wear on us. Ok probably more on me since he's in school now but I can't help feeling this horrible sense of panic all the time when it comes to when his benefits are going to eventually exhaust themselves. I know its not that far off - we figure he'll be out of every possible benefit (including training benefits) by November of 2011. Yay for a REALLY frugal Christmas! I think what wears me the most is the whole "people are getting by but yet we love it." OK for the first year it was awesome maybe. We learned to go without and have cut a ton out of our lives, but now its just getting old. I'll admit I'm tired of hanging out at home all the time. I'm weary of being cold and wishing I could just use the heat w/out wondering how bad that bill will end up being! Btu when I start listing that sort of stuff I think of those out there who don't have a home or a bed to even sleep in and I'm reminded that my situation is pretty sweet. I have access to a Food Bank weekly and we do use it every 2 weeks or so. I'm not ashamed to use it because it does help. Sure not everything there is great but getting bread for free is a HUGE savings because we can always make food with bread and for cheap! I have a house. I have heat - nothing is shut off. I have clothes on my back and can easily go to the Goodwill during the $0.99 day and buy a few things if I need to. Things are not that bad. I've just had to be creative and yes its hard. Its scary but somehow we are getting thru. My lack of motivation is probably the MOST scary. Life goes on. I'm learning to really like beans and get WAY more creative with them! being a vegetarian has some pluses when you can't just go out and shop every day! And besides that - I have food in my cupboard. thats not saying much for those really in need. My heart absolutely breaks for them and that tap water I'm drinking ain't so bad. ok I'm done talking myself out of my hole. thanks people.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment