Ok people. From my last post I said I was trying really hard to keep myself in check over the whole church #2 situation and so far so good.
I did determine that Pastor #2 didn't delete me from Twitter. Of course I don't post there EVER so HAHA (evil laughter) and I do still get the church email updates from the Associate Pastor.
So I was thinking about the whole situation in the shower the other day (what?! I think really clearly in there) and decided that the next time they ask for something or post a need - I'm going to met it anonymously. Maybe even have some random person on the street give it to them or something. Just so I can secretly go - YAY baby in my mind and know God is up there chuckling at my silliness. And well, deep down I would be thinking how sneaky and amazing I am. Lets hope its an easy need to fill. ;)
You know, to be completely honest this whole situation surrounding leaving church #2 has made me really really grateful. For one thing its reminded me I have a lot to offer a church. Yes, I can see his hurt in the situation and in many ways that he couldn't see we were hurt too, not just by the FB deleting. I can see now that some churches really do see your absence and are bothered by it. Now, I'm not saying I'm looking to go a church and then leave to make myself feel better, but I am saying that it was nice to know someone cared. Even if how they cared caused them to be hurt -- it showed people noticed. I have never left a church where people did much or said much about us leaving.
I think that is whats interesting about people when we leave churches. Does anyone notice? For me its hard because I tend to not get close to people or allow them into our lives long enough to feel like they were close with me. So because I don't make a whole lot of friends no one notices. Sure some people might make a stink when they leave a church and then everyone notices, but does anyone care?
I remember when Steve my old youth pastor (and later one of my string of senior pastors) used to call me when I wouldn't go to church when I was in High School. He'd just want to know if I was alive and how I was doing.
I don't know if he had some way to monitor who was or wasn't coming, but I'll never forget that. Just knowing someone cared made me want to go back. It was like I was wanted there.
Now today I think I'd like to be that person. Even if I don't call the person maybe I could drop them a note in the mail just letting them know I noticed they were gone and how I hope all is well. Nothing pushy or forceful, just something that says you are missed and we noticed your absence. I think that's a good thing.
Although that whole situation that I thought I handled well completely backfired on me, its taught me a lot and made me realize that this was a teaching situation to me from God. I think it was signed, "Love God xoxoxox" at the end of this whole fiasco. ;)
Just glad that God is teaching me something. If I wasn't going thru something I might have to wonder if the Devil even saw me as a threat. I don't think I passed this with flying colors, but I do think I came out saying, "Nice try Devil, but that tactic won't work this time around."
1 comment:
Good job Marcie, great way to look at the whole thing. You rock!
Post a Comment