Title is a pun on my favorite show, Best Week Ever.
Anyway, this week has not been my favorite week ever. Its just one of those weeks that seems to keep on going.
Where did it start...Well, I guess it started on Tuesday when I went into a meeting at work to learn about a pay structure for my old Job. Not a good idea.
Have you ever had that horrible feeling of, "WHAT HAVE I DONE?" Relating to did I make the right decision at the right time? That sort of feeling. Yeah, that was the feeling I got. BUT BUT BUT, and those are a lot of BUTS, I came out of it pretty quick. Sure my old job will be making more money then I do currently, but I honestly cannot say I would make more money with the new pay if I was still in my old job.
Besides, this will help me only push myself further to grow more within the company and I doubt I would have the opportunity to grow in my old job.
But I can say I spent probably the last half of the day trying not to cry about it. I was crushed and disappointed.
I got over that. Well, I had to accept that. God has other plans for me right now & going back to my old job really isn't an option.
I got another cold this week. I could not stop sneezing at work. It was horrible. I was going to work overtime too. I didn't feel so hot on Friday, but I decided I was going to go and get my haircut. And cut it they did. I don't know that I like it. Its very short now, yes shorter then I usually go. Chin length. Now I got my hair cut short because I wanted to look older. Because shorter hair makes you look more mature (or at least from what I've heard) and since that long hair look was only making me look like a child, something had to give. And make up wasn't an option.
So off with the hair. Now I don't know how to style it. Which isn't anything new because I didn't know how to style long hair! Technically all I have to do is put some spray in it, blow dry it and go. But even that is a lot of effort for me.
Probably the best thing is I won't have to take such long showers anymore to wash my hair so I'll save on water bills. Its a stretch, but it makes me feel a little bit better.
And today we surrendered our cat, Boo.
We had too. He was peeing on everthing and I couldn't afford to lose anymore furniture because he hates our dogs. This is after a year of trying to be sure there was nothing medically wrong with him. Which there wasn't. All the peeing and trying to clean it & buying special stuff to make the smell go away just wasn't working anymore and I was done.
So Boo went to the animal shelter today. This is NOT something I wanted to do. I cried the whole time & probably embrassed the shelter people. There just wasn't anything else I could do. Noah took it well. He cried for about 2 minutes and then he was more interested in when we were going home so he could go to a friend's house. Yes, like most men he forgives and forgets within in minutes. I, of course, will dwell on this for days and will take me months to stop crying about it. But just so you know, surrendering an animal to a shelter is the humane way of getting rid of your animals. I could never leave them somewhere on the side of the road or anything like that. I trust the shelters to adopt him out to a safe home. That is my prayer and please don't tell me otherwise, I'm grieving enough right now...
I hope you all have a great week!
I know that tomorrow is another day and all of this is not bad, just disheartening. I could face worse. I really could.
Be blessed!!
2 comments:
I'm sorry that this hasn't been the best week for you! Isn't it good to know that it can and will get better?
What me to call you and tell you stupid jokes, so you can laugh? :0
Donovan called me asking about a cat burglar? Hmmm....wonder what he was talking about?!? :)
I know how it is to have weeks, months and years that do not go as you would like them too. VERY FAMILIAR with that! lol
Hang in there, there is always hope in a new day! To quote Tom Hanks in Castaway, "The sun will always rise" I don't know why I love that quote! It just gives me hope thinking about it.... Always a new day and a new beginning.
Post a Comment