Friday, November 24, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving was pretty uneventful. We just decided to stay home & do it all our own. The food turned out pretty good. Our turkey wasn't very cooperative about cooking, but eventually the oven won. I wasn't sure we would have thanksgiving or not because I wasn't sure if I would get the day off. Luckily I did. Now I have the next 3 days off too. I needed a break.

My dishwasher broke on Wed. night so I had to wash all the thanksgiving dishes by hand. Wasn't too happy about that one. Hopefully Mr. Fixing Person will come out & have it all fixed on Sat when he's scheduled to show up. Don't know what happened to the dishwasher but thanks to the people who lived here before us who purchased 5 yr. warranties on all the appliances in the house! I'm hoping I get a new dishwasher, but I'm sure it'll be a part thing... Darn.

Today I braved the Wal*Mart crowds & went shopping. I don't know why people get so into all this shopping stuff. I mean to me, a TV is a TV, but apparantly not. This is my first time in YEARS where I got to experience the day after & not be the one working it! It has been a quiet day & I'm so thankful that I didn't have to do that this year! I had to turn down a few buying opportunities for gifts this year because we just didnt' need it & if I'm going to get out of the debt triangle, everything has to run thru that filter!

1 comment:

Brianna said...

Happy Thanksgiving Marcie! I bet it was fun to head to walmart this morning..what did you end up coming home with?
Good luck with the job change, I hope you get a shift that works better for you and your family!