Thursday, September 07, 2006

First Days


















So yesterday was Noah's first day of school & like the unorganized person that I'm, I didn't get a picture of Noah before school. But I have more pictures of him from vacation. Noah took the picture of me! Had to put a picture of him on this post somewhere!

Anyway, Noah seems to like school. He isn't overly dramatic about it quite yet. He tried to explain to me that there will be no math this year. Don't know where he got that idea, but I'll let him go on thinking that until his teacher shows him otherwise.

Noah's teacher this year is a younger gal in her 2nd year of teaching. She seems nice. Of course they are all nice when you first meet them. Her husband is a youth pastor so she has to be a neat person right? Its like part of the application process to be a youth pastor is to have a cool wife!

I don't know how involved I'll be in his class. Last year I did pretty much nothing even though technically I could have done more since I'm home during most of the school day. I just didn't like being around last years teacher so it was easier to stay away.
And this year, Neighbor lady's oldest son is in Noah's class too & she is like Super Volunteer Parent. Always there, always helping, always, always.
But since their teacher is a lot younger then she is I think it might be different. Neighbor lady doesn't like young people telling her anything. (just the impression I got from talking with her. Anything James or I said always resulted in the attitude of "I know") But maybe I'm wrong about that. Either way there will be plenty of parents who are her age to be around. Nothing like being the baby parent and looking like one too! Ha!
I get a lot of funny looks when I walk down the halls there. But that is sort of normal when I go anywhere. I'm used to the questioning looks. (Man do I have to let that go or what?)

God is just so good.
So good.
Afterall, I've said it before & I'll say it again: "God is good. All the time"

Be blessed people.

1 comment:

Parties by Design said...

Your right Marcie it is FAVOR. I pray this upon you "every night when you walk into the walls of your job beacuse you are a child who seeks after God and honors Him you have favor over many!"
MEL