I know its neverending!
This one is funny though.
So Noah was over at neighbor lady's house playing with the kids & I went over to go get him. You know, per her request to have me come & get him instead of call. But james can call with no problem. ANYWAY!
Got him & got his things & we left.
So we go to the store & do some errands & I get home & there is this message from Neighbor lady, "Hi Marcie. I'm just calling to see if you are mad at me? Because you didnt' talk to me when you came over."
I was so irritated by that message. I mean come on!? Are we in Jr High or what? And I don't want to initiate conversation with her because previous experience shows that I offend her & she'll think were best friends or something!
I just deleted the message & didn't call her back. Big surprise I know.
Then the next morning I get a call from her as I'm getting ready for the funeral. She calls & I'm like oh here we go.
Conversation went pretty much like this....
"hi ____ how can I help you today?"
'audible irritated sigh from irritated neighbor lady'
"look ____ I can't talk right now & i'm being honest. I'm on my way to a funeral today."
"Fine. we'll talk about this later then."
"listen ____ I need you to know something. I'm sorry if you think I'm mad at you for not starting a conversation with you yesterday. But I choose to not start a conversation with you because in the past I offend you with what I say & I'm just tired of offending you."
-irritated noise-" Just go to your funeral. I'll be praying for you."
-Giant CLICK of the phone being slammed down by me-
Ok let me just say that when she told me to go to the funeral it was in a really rude tone like she thought I was lying. I don't think her prayers for me that day were nice either because she sounded extra mad when she said that.
Needless to say I was terribly offended and pissed off. Where does she get off thinking that its all about her? I dont' want to stop my life to passify her every need & worry about our "relationship." BECAUSE WE DON'T HAVE A RELATIONSHIP!!!
I just want to call her & tell her that!
Why does this worry you so much? We are not friends!
I felt like walking over to her house after the funeral to prove to her that I went to a funeral! But I don't have to prove myself to her. I need to just be the bigger person & not obsess over it like she does.
But I'll admit I'm starting to feel majorly uncomfortable around her now. Can you blame me?
And it just drives me mad that she just loves James. But wonderful James is getting annoyed by her little "things" too.
Like one day she wanted to go to the library & she asked him to watch her boys. So he agreed because that's what James does. And she was gone for over 3 HOURS!! For a library visit! He wasn't happy. He claims he'll never do that again.
Its not cool because a lot of times neighbor lady sort of expects James to watch her kids whenever she needs him. And then she'll be gone for hours.
She'll just call up & want to leave right then & expect him to be availiable. She used to do that with me before I put my foot down & said, heck no. But you can see how that turned out!
So James is putting his foot down a little more on that.
He hasn't watched the kids for awhile since the 3 hour library visit.
We'll see how wonderful James is in her eyes once she can't use him all the time....
I don't even know if I ever told you all the story about how she called us & to tell us to not make fun of the bible because some people might think you are serious??!!!
Oh man, that was a funny one. (that's another post)
That was the day of Noah's party, which she didn't come too. She went to the library instead. Yes, she has this thing about the library. James says she's there on the internet & trying to find books about how to make people like you. Ha ha james is so funny.
So that is the LATEST on the the coming & goings of the neighbor lady & myself.
I will write more soon. Hope this made you smile!
2 comments:
Wow....I would not want to be in your shoes with that lady!
Wow - I am laughing as I write this... maybe she is really an angel sent to test your faith?
Keep your head up in this situation. Eventually it will resolve!
Em
Post a Comment