Saturday, July 01, 2006

Wild Waves

Ok so as you all know I have a season pass to wild waves. Oh wait, I might have forgotten to mention that, but all of us do. Its supposed to be something to entertain Noah during the summer since he isn't doing summer camp this time.

Anyway....
James & Noah are out of town visiting his mom in Port Angeles & I'm at home with the dogs. So I figured I'd go to Wild Waves by myself since I had nothing really to do & I was hot.
I usually only go there if its nearly closing time because I like to just walk up & go on things without having to wait. And parking is free after a certain time of day. (insider tip!)

Wild Waves is just one of those places that makes you really look at people differently. Maybe its because the vast majority of the people there are half naked and you can't help BUT look at people differently.

The whole swimsuit thing amazes me.
Why do guys wear boxers under their trunks?? I mean really why? (guys who read my blog please feel free to respond, this is an open forum!)

And ladies, why oh why do some of you wear clothes in the pool. I mean some of these girls are literally wearing their jean shorts. I can hear them prior to coming, "no I don't want to swim." and then the heat gets the better of them. But MAN that has to be uncomfortable! Nothing worse then wet jeans. I saw a young gal the other day wearing some PJ style boxer shorts that were short & a white tank top. Is that a swimsuit?

I also don't understand why people wear white swimsuits, either guys or girls. I'll let you all decide what I mean by that one.

If you go to the kids area its really neat, but I do believe they created those special swim diapers so the rest of us won't have to see your baby soaking up the entire pool & then leaking God only knows back into the pool! I can only imagine how much calorine they pump into that area!
It should be mandatory that kids in diapers aren't allowed!!

And people are slobs at Wild Waves. I don't want to be walking along & see your half eaten nasty nachos sitting on the sidewalk. This isn't your Momma's house! And I'm so sick of seeing bandaids everywhere too. Its NASTY! come on, we all know that those band aids don't stick when they get wet. They are not waterproof like they say they are. Don't get me wrong I'm not seeing band aids go floating by, but they are in other places.

When I walk thru Wild Waves, I'm a chicken. they have black top aspalt that burns your feet & then everywhere else I'm afraid I'll get some sort of foot fungus. Its bad. The only thing that comforts me is seeing these people who test the water constantly. Thank goodness someone is checking for that stuff we dont' want to know about!!!

But I went & I did all the water slides & all slides for the tube slides. I love that stuff. But you have to scale a mountain to get to either of them, but its like a workout so its worth it!

It was a little lonely doing wild waves by myself, but I think being alone at times is a good thing. You tend to think a lot more clearly about things when you are.

Now that I have tramatized all of you from wanting to go to Wild Waves, that is fine with me. The less people around the more fun for me!
(although if anyone does want to come with us we do have free tickets for our friends!!!)

2 comments:

Rachel Ann said...

You are hilarious! I love doing things by myself, but I don't think I've ever done Wild Waves alone. I've been working the Taste of Tacoma all weekend, so if you'd like something to do today come on down...it's at Point Defiance Park in Tacoma. Free to get...pay to eat!!!! I'll be there at the KMPS booth from 3--8pm.

The Young Family said...

thank you for making me laugh. I havne't done that in a little shile now! Love you Marcie! Emily