Thursday, June 29, 2006

Serious Reflection

Over the past few days since my last serious post ("lazy days of summer") I really got to thinking about how my life has been lately.
And thats when I think God gave me a healthy dose of humbleness.

I had mentioned in that previous post that I had come to realize I wasn't complaning outwardly, but inwardly & how it was affecting me without me really even noticing it.
I've realized how selfish much of my prayers had been lately.
And how so many around me needed some serious prayer. How could I have not considered others around me?
Instead I let the little things in my day to day life dominate the prayer requests around me.
It was a good realization.
I just hadn't taken the time to think about those who requested prayer....
Hadn't taken the time. Hmmm makes you think huh?
Seems like I had plenty of time for myself lately! Plenty of time to sit & stew about my worries & bitterness towards silly, meaningless things.

People don't ask for prayer unless they need it most of the time. I know I don't anyway. Its like exposing yourself a bit if you need prayer for something you can't overcome or are embrassed about.

Reading people's blogs really help me see the things in life that are more important then my day to day worries. Sure, I need to let God deal with my worries too, but I can't forget my fellow brothers & sisters in the process....

Maybe taking more time to prayer about others I would be more fulfilled in life.
But I would want those around me to get more out of life first & see them happy. That would fulfill me just with that.

No comments: