I'd love to think of something whitty to title this blog as, but I can't think of anything that would be appropriate.
I've been thinking a lot tonight. There is just this burn inside of me to get something done. I know I've limited myself big time lately.
In all honesty, I haven't been trying to do anything lately. Ok I might sound like I'm exaggerating just a tad, but I'm not!
Somedays I seriously stay in bed until 11:30 or 12 in the afternoon. Yes, I do work nights, but I've gone on a lot less sleep & accomplished more when I did that then now! And when I do wake up-- I'm not very motivated to do much. Like I feel like I'm falling behind on my wifely duties! (man do I hate using that term! too domesticated sounding)
I'm trying hard to remember what used to motivate me in the past & I guess in the past I had more to do & to distract me. Like school, you know things like that.
I think I'm coming to the realization that I need to really find more to do with my life like have some serious goals.
Jessica mentioned in one of her previous blogs about a mission statement for our lives and although I don't truly have one right now, I want to have something to say about my life soon!
I think if I had some simple, achivable goals in mind I might actually meet those goals. And I need to have a sort of new years resolution-NOW!
I got to thinking about this tonight while watching some silly show on Vh1 (quite possibly one of my fave channels) about stars & their weight. But it spurred me thinking not just about my health, but about everything.
They say it takes 21 days to break a bad habit and to create a good one. 21 days to me sounds like an eternity honestly! I know I have it in me, I think I must have at one time or I wouldn't have made it this far in life!! I know sometime in life I stopped biting my nails!!! (bad habit!) But I need something to grasp onto. I need something that is tangible. What I don't know....
Have you ever just felt like God was making you restless about things--maybe not something obvious because you know God he's "mysterious." :)
But he wants us to seek him & seek out what he wants from us. Hmmm surprising concept works in both ways!
I guess that's where I'm at right now. Somewhere in between. But I'm really dragging my feet at finding a new purpose in my life. Now don't go crazy on me & think I'm going to break out my Purpose Driven Life book, because I'm beyond that. I need something deeper then that!! Not a soul search.
Pastor Roger talked today about Mom's & how they need to be equipped for when things strike our families. Not when it happens, but before. I need to be that person. I know I can't wait any longer for something to hit my family or my life & then not be prepared for the spiritual attacks that might follow! Hello! Although that would be one of my normal reactions & responses to when life happens, to let it blindside me & curl up begging for God's help.
Maybe God is preparing me for something to blindside me & he's giving me the will to get ready now?
Maybe its an obedience thing?
I could think it to death, but that would be such a Marcie response--analyze everything.
So I'm going to start with some simple, but slow steps to getting my life going....
1. wake up. Get up a half hour earlier each morning (but allow myself some slack when I do get home past 1am)
2. pray up. Gosh how much do I keep missing this one little thing!! Its not like God is calling me to spend hours on my knees!!
3. read up. Read the bible. Again, I read all the time, what is wrong with me?!!
4. involve myself. Ok this one might take a little longer, but I need to start looking at least. And how many more blogs do you want to read talking about this same subject!
5. live it up. I'm getting a lot better at just being happy & laughing more. I just need to keep on going with that joy.
Ok so that's all I got right now.
Somewhere in there it should say something about using my membership to the Y. But I need to stay realistic!!! I don't want to overwhelm myself with a lot of goals. But I probably will start to include it anyway because my cheap side is saying "stop wasting your money on it or cancel the stupid membership!!!" (my cheap side uses colorful words!)
Alrighty then.
I'm done.
2 comments:
Interesting post. It was like being in your head. =) So it takes 21 days to stop a bad habit, huh?! That means I'll be 50 years old before I clear all my junk! I remember when I stopped using Carmex chapstick. That was tuff but I wanted to break my addiction of that stuff. =) And dude, I am delivered! Jess you are next to break the Carmex addiction. Anyway, I know what it's like to work nights and get up late in the morning, or early afternoon, and it's not easy. You know what worked for me? Carmex, and lot's of it! Just kidding. I just hope someday you can switch your work shift and sleep at night like most of the rest of the world. Until then, keep plugging along. I feel your pain, but it sounds like you are off to a good start from your post ideas. =)
Marcie, your posts crack me up. You keep it so real and confront these things head on where most would dodge the issues and make excuses. I love how you are always looking for ways to better yourself.
~Justin
Post a Comment