Saturday, April 08, 2006

Narnia

Hello All.
I just finished watching The Lion, The Witch & the Waredrobe tonight. James & Noah didn't make it thru to the end of the movie, they are still passed out on the couch downstairs. Anyway, Great Movie & probably the best thing was how they kept it SO close to the book. I mean it was nearly word for word in some places.
I actually cried when I saw Aslan for the first time in the movie. Having a picture to put with all the books I had read was just too much I guess! No, mostly it was because of how much He (Aslan) represents.
Incredible is all I have to say. Imagining God as a lion is pretty powerfuly imagry when you think about it.

I recently finished the entire Narnia Series of books & I have to admit C.S. Lewis was a pretty amazing guy. Such simple stories, but yet with so much depth. The last book pretty much took my breath away. If they ever actually make all the books into movies (which I know they bought they rights to do that, but you know how hollywood is .... ) I hope they do the last book justice & make it right.

Isn't it funny how certain movies or books will completly change our lives forever. In the 3rd book in the Narnia series there is one part where Aslan is talking to a boy named Shasta about an instance where Aslan attacked Shasta's friend. And when he asked Aslan why he did it, Aslan simply replies that it was her story not his.
Or in other words, stop looking at other people's lives around you & question things, because their story is not your own. Or don't try to live your life by someone else's life. (paraprashed by ME!)
Something so simple like that completely made me look at my life differently after that. God apparantly wanted me to see things in a totally different way & he used a book to teach me that. God is just so cool like that.

In the Battle scene at the end of the movie really was huge for me. It represented how we take the first step out in faith that we can still win the war & then God is right there behind us to bring in the support. But it took us to take that first difficult step.
And just when you think you're done for, he comes in like a flood to end it.
It was just incredible.

If you haven't seen the movie, please do & when you do read between the lines & look at the underlying message it has to tell.

"What a wonderful Maker. What a wonderful God." - Jeremy Camp

1 comment:

Rachel Ann said...

I saw the movie just before we left for Asia, and it was awesome. Then someone bought me the whole Narnia collection to read while on the plane. This were not books I read as a child; however, reading them as an adult was amazing. I just about cried during the last couple of chapters of the last book. Right after reading these I read a book by Randy Alcorn about perspectives of Heaven, and between the two my imagine of Heaven has changed drastically. I am now ready to go to Heaven!