Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Cell Phones

So a funny thing happened a couple of weeks ago I forgot to write about ( I know! Me forget to write about something!)

Anyway, I was doing the laundry putting the clothes into the dryer when I felt something in James's pant pocket. Yep, it was his cell phone. Or should I say was his cell phone since now it was pretty much just a wet thing.
Honestly I wasn't bothered by it for some reason. Normally I would have freaked out & been like, "oh great now we get to spend money for new phone.." and blah blah blah.

But I didn't do that. I just sort of shrugged it off thinking no biggie.
James of course wasn't happy that he did that, but what can you do you know!?

Called Verizon & lucky for us our contract was up in 8 days! So they were more then happy to offer us 2 new phones (with another contract of course!) for free. So even I got a new phone even though my phone was fine. Two new Razor phones, now that they aren't as expensive anymore like they were when they first came out.

So now I have this Razor phone that I barely know how to use. I'm not a very techie type of person even though I did technical college!! I can answer the phone & silence the ringer & thats about it. By the time I figure out how to use this phone it'll be time for a new one. I have never had a phone that was flip phone either so I feel so weird with it like I'm going to break it! Apparantly it has a camera too....maybe I'll figure out how to use it! I like my ring tones though, much better then my old one.

Personally because I like to look at things this way, I think God blessed us with better phones because we took it all in stride & didn't freak out about the situation. Of course you could say its all because our contract was nearly up so obviously to keep us any cell company would bend over backwards for us. Eh, I like to look at it more of a God thing! Makes my day all the better & I like the whole blessed thing.

2 comments:

Rachel Ann said...

ME? I might have freaked if my cell phone went through the washing machine. Only because I would have had to find a way to reprogram all my cell phone numbers (yes, I have such a cheap phone that the numbers don't automatically switch to a new phone). So, now you are like totally cool, with your new flip phone...like right? :)

MKD said...

OhMiGosh yes, I'm the coolest now. Now if only I could figure out how to use the stupid thing! (and yes, James was a little freaked out how he lost all his numbers too because his phone was toast after its bath, no retriving numbers after that!)