So the Bridal Shower I'm hosting is tonight. I'm just praying that a good amount of people show up at least! I've got enough food thats for sure. It can't hurt to have TOO much deserts around our house!!
I finally came up with something for the Bachelorette Party. I was going to do the go-cart idea (thanks to Jess & Mary for that idea) but I decided to mix it up a bit.
I wanted it to be sort of open for people to drop in just in case they couldn't be with us the whole time. So I came up with this idea for the bride to choose from.
She had to pick one thing from 2 categories and each of those things would be unknown to her.
Her choices were:
Category One:
Track
Wood
Ice
Category Two:
Burn It
Dip It
Lick It
From those 2 categories she picked Wood & Burn it.
Which translated into Wood=RollerSkating & Burn it= pizza from Rock Pasta Brick Oven Pizza. Get it?
The other things stood for
Ice=Ice Skating
Track=Go Carts
Dip It=Fondue from the Melting Pot
Lick It= Ice Cream from somewhere fancy!
We'll be eating first then people can meet up with us at the skating rink if they can't come to dinner or vise versa. Hopefully we can get a good turn out by keeping it open like that! I actually came up with those ideas all by myself this time. Incredible huh?! James was impressed anyway. These are the things I came up with when I'm supposed to be falling asleep! I have quite a clear thought process late at night! :)
Tonight we'll be serving
Mini-Cheesecakes (cupcake sized)
Chocolate Coconut Bars
Frosted Jello Treats
And make your own desert bar where I have different things to create their own design.
They can choose from brownie, lemon or Strawberry cake or angel food cake as a bottom.
Then they can top it with chocolate or banana pudding, strawberry glaze, whipped topping or strawberry whipped topping & chocolate syrup or carmel topping. They can then sprinkle it with crushed cookies or graham crackers & whatever else I can find around the house that sounds good! Probably some sort of fruits to round it out.
And don't forget tea, coffee & other drinks. Tea being the best to go with all those deserts since this is a bedroom shower!
All in all its quite a spread. I'm not anticipating anymore then 9 counting me, but possibly 3 more could show up.
The decor should be comfy to say the least. I'll be dragging ( or should I say James will be! HA!) mattresses from upstairs to the living room as part of the bedroom theme with loads of blankets & every possible pillow in the house. I'll take pics so you call can see how it turns out.
Ta, Ta for now!
1 comment:
SOOOO??? How was it?! :)
Post a Comment