

Last night was my first offical party at my new house. Only took me nearly a year of living there to have one, but you know!
Anyway so as you all know, I had a brida shower for my friend Jenny whom I've known since we were very very little & somehow have always stayed friends.
I threw the bedroom shower & it went well. James & I decided last minute for more light to put little white christmas lights all around the room. We have a little shelf built all around the room (which you can see in the pics) and it really light up the room & made it look very festive!
The mattress on the floor made people just lounge around it & very comfy so that was a hit. Everyone did wear their PJ's & everyone who RSVP'd actually came! Three people were nearly an hour late though due to getting lost so it kinda started out a little slow but once everyone got there we did all the games.
First game was one where you play hot potato with a box that everyone believes has a "teddy" in it. Jenny pictured on the left (the bride) had to wear the "teddy." As you can probably tell it was a teddy bear on a string. Lame, I know, but you've never seen so many people get that box out of their hands as quick as possible!
Then we did a quiz on bedroom facts or historical things & were quizzed on that. Of course we did the purse game and we played the game where random kitchen items are in paper sacks & they had to figure out what was inside.
We also played a game with play dough. Which went over great. Everyone in the picture on the right is hard at work minus Jenny since she was the judge. If you want the picture of their creations just let me know & I'll sent it to you. Some people are very good at making things out of play dough lets put it that way!!
Food was good. Three ladies were pregnant there so I'm sure that helped. No one was shy about eating which made me feel good. Of course I still have a ton left over, but that is ok with me!
Everyone left just before 12 am. Yes, I know & the party started at 6:30!! But since some were late nearly by an hour & those girls can talk let me tell you. Well, considering that 6 of them were teachers I guess its in their blood.
All in all it was a good party.
I honestly can't wait to host more parties. It was nice to have a full house with people feeling comfortable to just sit & talk for hours on end with no rush to leave. Maybe that is where my serving is. But we knew when we bought this house that it was strickly for God to use & we are just the inn keepers of it. And I think thats why we have been so blessed in our house because of it!
You all have a great week!
1 comment:
Sounds like a total BLAST!!! Good job!
Post a Comment