** Disclaimer: As you might have already guessed from the title of my blog, I tend to be lengthy. This post is no exception. And no you can't just breeze thru this entry--its a heavy one!! You've been warned! :) **
So they have these devotional journals at my church called Life Journals & I finally broke down awhile ago & bought one. They are not expensive, I was just being lazy & thought it would be too complicated. They're $5 and you do a read thru the bible in a year & write down scriptures that might strike your fancy & your thoughts about it.
So I started doing it this last week just because I figured what have I got to lose. I need something structured so to speak & something to follow along with. This is the perfect example of that.
I'll be the first one to admit that I suck at reading the bible. Typically when I read it, I'm so floored by how different things were back then & how I don't quite still to this day understand what its saying to me.
I do know that I should be reading my bible more then ever before. Obviously the longer you are a Christian the harder the storms are going to become & unless I have something to combat those storms, I'm pretty much sunk. No pun intended.
I have to admit I actually remember one scripture that struck me & it isn't even one of those scriptures that you'd see emblazed on a T-shirt or a bumper sticker just something simple that struck me. It just plainly said that God saw all the giving that a man had done & it has not gone unnoticed. Nothing special I know, but for me it was a nice reminder that anything I might do & or give to anything, that God noticed it. Not that I ever thought he wouldn't notice, but you catch what I'm saying! :)
I even went so far as to download a podcast of a sermon from church onto my iPod. I know, what is church coming to, but really how often do we buy those tapes or CDs of the sermons & then actually listen to them?
It was good. Really good. And I do intend to download more when a particular sermon strikes me as something I might want to capture in my spirit. Just need a spiritual boost every know & then I guess....
I've just reached a point where I can't go on anymore just going to church. There has to be more to my spiritual walk then just getting my soul stroked on Sunday's. I want it to be something I am able to breathe in & out as well. I couldn't quote a scripture for the life of me! And I couldn't tell you what spiritual gifts I have either......or even have a desire to know it feels like sometimes.
I don't think I've lived a double minded life or am a different person Monday-Saturdays..... But I can say I'm unsettled in my spirit because I can't combat certain things in my life and I know I can tap into so much if I just reached into his Word & sought it out.
Like when it comes to really realizing that my friend whom I wrote about a few posts back that this isn't just a problem, but a spiritual battle over people's souls. And I'm not just talking about her soul either, but those emersed in it as well.
I felt like I was walking into a battle field completely naked. And I could almost hear the enemy jeering at me to bring it on. This isn't just a battle over the flesh, this is serious business & I need to be more aware of that.
Or take for example my health. Some of you who know me pretty well know that I have IBS. (For the sake of getting you to continue to read please google IBS & you'll see what it is) And basically I can't eat a lot of things & somedays are not so good. Like today for example. I haven't felt good most of this weekend & its mostly from my own undoing. I have the knowledge of what I can do to combat my health & how not to have flare ups, but often I test those limits & today is no exception.
But do I pray for my health or believe for healing??
Sure I pray for my health when I'm not feeling good. Probably not the best time to ask for something from God. I suspect I'm in the wrong in that area!
But honestly I don't think I deserve to have healing sometimes. Which is totally wrong. There are some days when I get so mad & upset I'll cry & feel pushed to my limits that I can't be normal.
Why can't I just eat like everyone else?
And why can't I just enjoy food anymore? When can I stop worrying?
And then I get more frustrated that I can't quote scriptures over my life concerning health & healing!
Its sort of a circle. Reach breaking point--get upset--cry--pray--and begin again.
How pathetic huh? Its like I know I have a manual on all these things, but somehow I try to get thru life by doing it in my own strength & then at the same time look to man for my healing.
Hey, I guess at least I know these things & reconize them as sometime I need to work on. Its a starting point.
Ok so now that I've bared my soul to you all & to random people who might read my blog that I don't know personally I'm going to go do my devotional I haven't done today or yesterday or I'll really be behind on my journal!! Besides it takes 21 days to break a bad habit, does it take 21 days to start a good one??
Hmmm thats a good question... :)
2 comments:
OK, not my typical response..this one is very practical. I also have IBS, but pretty much have it totally under control. Have you ever heard of Probiotics? They are the opposite of antibiotics. The are basically "good bacteria". They help a TON in aiding good diegestion, and just helping that whole area of the body work properly. You can get them at any health food store. It's basically just a very high and potent form of the good bacteria that is found in yogurt. It's tasteless and highly effective. Do a little research if you want, but any health food store should be able to answer any questions. It's just something natural that will help your body function the way it is designed to. Good luck! :)
Did you get my big long comment on your post about trying to find a dress? Any luck? :)
Post a Comment