So I'm writing this blog sort of reader friendly for those of you who hate to read my long blogs & you just breeze thru them! So its seperated in sections, just skip to the sections you are interested in & forget the others!
YMCA:
I joined the YMCA people. I'm deciding to extend myself & try a lot harder at being more healthy by working out. Just eating better isnt' going to cut it now that I'm not 17 years old anymore. I might look that old! But my body doesn't feel like it anymore. Noah loves to go swimming there & tomorrow I'm signing that boy up for swim lessons so he can finally overcome a lot of his fears with water. He wants to do Karate so hopefully I can get him in a class for that too.
I'm thinking I'm going to sign up for a personal trainer just so I can concentrate on what I want to work on with my body & so someone can walk me thru the proper ways to use the equipment & what I should do to work on those areas.
But right now I'm still trying to get over the fact of how expensive it is to be a member of the Y let alone pay more for something else! I'm so cheap!!!
DRESS:
I'm still on the hunt for a dress for my friends wedding. If you have been anywhere & have seen any sort of special occasion dresses (besides Group USA, Macy's or Nordstroms) let me know! I'm not paying for it so price really isn't an issue (I know, me saying that is SO weird!) so tell me anywhere. I need something besides Black!! Everywhere has black & it probably won't work unless I find something perfect. I'm thinking something vintage looking maybe in a pink or rosey color. Her dress is more of an antique color.
so all you shoppers out there (Jessica you know you are!) if you see something tell me!!!
ASIA:
So my MC student, well sadly former MC student :( will be going to Asia hopefully next week. Please pray for her that her Visa to travel will come thru. She is stressing about this. (maybe she did get it by now, but as of Monday it hadn't come yet)
Oh and my wonderful husband who has learned so much from me went shopping for the kids in Asia last night & picked up a huge bag of clothes all priced at under $3 to under $1 a piece!!! We have always been so blessed to find clothing for those in need from mission trips to the Hurricane victims at a very good price. I have decided it is a gift from God for me to bless those with new clothes with tags on them. Thanks James!! You have a big heart!
So thats it. That is my update on life in general.
have a great week everyone & Jessica that Pizza does sound good. I LOVE pizza! Its something we have here at home more then once a month at least! I'll be looking for that kind.
5 comments:
Hey Marcie,
At the supermall they have a Mariposa dicount store.. All they have is formal dresses at a discount price. We questioned the lady on why the were so cheap and she said that either they were old season ones, they were returned or they came in damaged. So you got to check to make sure there is nothing wrong with it but they have dresses for really cheap. Hope this helps! Julia
But they are nice dress.. guess I should have said that huh.. not just cheap
Wow, you mentioned me twice in this post! I feel special!!! :) OK, so now I feel I must help you find a beautiful vintage dress...I'll get back to you on that one! The pressure is on! JK. It's like a challenge, I like it! :) Jess
OK...here is everything I know..with a little help from another fashion savvy friend of mine. :) You are probably not going to find anything worth looking at unless you go to Seattle or Bellevue. So I’ll start downtown. A VERY popular store with the trendy elite (I'm NOT including myself in that catergory!!!) is Anthropologie. Everything in there is vintage inspired, it’s located on 6th. They don’t sell the typical bridesmaid looking dress so you might not find anything super formal. Another store is Sway and Cake. They are a small boutique but carry some unique things. There is a Barneys on 5th in the City Center building. It’s a small Barneys but they carry all the high end designers and you could possibly find a dress there. The Nordstrom downtown has a much bigger selection as far as designers go. On the second or third floor they have a Collections department and inside you would find Chanel, Celine, YSL, and a few others. Also Savvy and TBD may have something. Southcenter and Tacoma don’t carry any of this so if you have checked there try downtown. Inside Pacific Place there is a BCBG (another VERY popular choice), and a Max Mara. Max Mara might be a little too old for you. BCBG has great stuff and a lot of people have found bridesmaid dresses there. They are a little more fashion forward and less vintage. Depending on how much time you have, down on 1st and 2nd avenue there are a ton of little shops that have great stuff but that could be a whole day of shopping. In Bellevue there is a huge Nordstrom’s you could check out. David Lawrence is there, Banana Republic even carries some really cute things. Not the one at the Super Mall, which is all last season and discount. If nothing else Neiman Marcus online or Saks might be worth checking out. Whew! There you are!! Let me know what you find! :) Post a picture!!!
Post a Comment