Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Enough Excitement Thank You!

So yesterday was a fun day for all of us here!
Chipo (my former MC student) stayed with us all weekend thru Monday and Noah had no school because of Presidents Day.
Day started out just normal for all of us. Noah was going to go to a friends house when I went off to work later that afternoon. So we ran a couple of errands that morning all together and we were taking Chipo home & Noah decides to start throwing up in the backseat.
Oh joy! How much I love Puke!! Anyway, luckily we had a bag from Wal*Mart with us so Chipo gives him the bag & I'm trying to pull over to clean him up. Lukily (most likely an act of God because getting thru Meridian is not easy) we managed to pull over. Chipo runs into some coffee shop to get napkins & water while I'm trying to calm Noah down. He pretty much covered himself. All over his carseat, but lukily only a few drops got onto the cars seat.
He ended up only throwing up that one time & we managed to get back home without another incident.
I think Chipo was mortified, as was I!! Somehow we both managed to keep our heads & get thru it without getting sick ourselves! Trust me it didn't smell good back there!!

Noah was a wreck & completely upset I now wasn't going to let him go to his friends house. He couldn't quite understand why you can't throw up & then go to a friends house afterwards. Thankfully he went to bed after getting changed & I spent the remainder of the time cleaning the car, the carseat & disinfecting the whole house. And doing laundry of course!

This is the only part of parenthood I just have such a hard time with. Its difficult for me to handle it when Noah is sick. (sick like throw-up sick) Any other time, I'm fine.

So I was exhausted by the time James came home so I could go to work. It just took it all out of me for some reason. Work felt long because I was tired, but somehow managed to get a second wind as the nigh went on. The nice thing about my job is 20 min can pass in a snap when you least expect it. Its really nice!! I hardly ever look at the clock anymore unless I'm nearing a break & I'm hungry. Somehow I managed to pull a great day to. Made lots of sales & added on lots of extras. I should hopefully if next week is just as good get a good paycheck the next time around.

Today Noah is fine. He was fine all last night, just really tired. He mainly just layed on the couch all night with James & the Dogs. I kept him home from school today since he hasn't really eaten since yesterday & the whole 24 hour thing hasn't quite passed. He is back to his old self though. Which makes me relieved! I don't know if I could have handled another day of puking. One puke is great!
We really are blessed though. Noah hasn't gotten sick hardly at all this whole school year. He has only missed 2 days of school and always bounced back! For such a skinny kid, he sure can be healthy.

Anyway so I had enough excitement for one day. I'm thankful to go back to my boring days filled with nothing after yesterday!!

3 comments:

Cagle Clan said...

Of coarse I was eating lunch when I read this post....ick!!! Next time give me a warning!!! :o)

Parties by Design said...

Nice Marcie! Sounds like a daily buzz around here

Kenzie said...

So glad to hear all is going better! What a day that must have been!!