Some of you are probably wondering where in the world do I find the time to write these long drawn out blogs?
Well, its a little show called "Lost" on TV that isnt' my favorite, but my husbands favorite. I couldn't get into the show so its been his show every Wednesday night.
Those nights are typically when I'm able to write long blog entries. Otherwise I write entries when I'm here in the office with Noah while he plays video games next to me. He always wants me to play, but video games have never been my strong suit! So he's satisfied if I'm at least in the same room with him.
Besides, I like writing blog entries because I know people actually read them & for me personally I like reading other blogs because its sort of like getting to read someones journal or diary!
So I was digging thru a box I hadn't opened in a very long time that I've moved 3 times now & left closed up each time we moved because I just didn't need to open it. But since I'm TRYING very hard to get organized again & it was in my closet I opened it back up.
It was like a time capsule flashing me back to high school.
Sigh...
for me, high school were some of the best years of my life. Now I know a lot of people say that college was the best 4 years of their lives, but I would have to say high school was that for me since I didn't attend college (well, not a university anyway).
There were tons of old scripts. All the scripts from all the Hawkman plays I did not only in high school, but in middle school too. (Hawkman was our English Teacher & wrote & produced all of our plays)
Acting? yes, I did that too. I loved it. Wasn't very good at it, but I loved it. I think I just loved performing regardless of what I did.
Then there was my flute.
Can you believe I played the flute from 5th grade till 12th grade? You'd think after 7 years I would have been really good at it. Nope. Wasn't really good at that either, just loved music. Its probably where my love of music started. Not only did I do concert band all those years, I was subjected to being in the Pep band as well!
Honestly I opened up my case & put my flute together & wished I still knew how to play it. I don't remember a thing.... Where did all that knowledge go? Funny how you forget something that seemed so natural at one time. Maybe its like riding a bike?
Then there was the holy grain of it all--all my cheerleading uniforms, my lettermans jacket & my pom poms. Oh man did that bring back memories. James wanted me to put them on. Sicko.
wow did cheerleading run my life for 2 years. And wow did I love that! I loved being a cheerleader. Although I was really good at faking it half the time! I think for me, once again I just loved performing in front of people.
I had such good friends being a cheerleader. I miss them all so much that sometimes I wish I could just go back to cheer camp (minus the blistering Eastern Washington Heat) and be with those people again. We had such fun sometimes.
Once we did this scavenger hunt my first year cheerleading & we raced all over Milton & Fife competing with others. I thought I was going to die half the time. My friend Brianna was behind the wheel. Man, could that girl drive! (Remember that brianna?)
It was one of those picture scavenger hunts.... I still have 2 of the photos from it. In all of them we are just cracking up!
Yep, those were the days....
There was other things in there like old letters & old pictures. Just memories now.
Its funny as I sit here & think about those times it is just hitting me really hard who I was back then. I was so different & not in a bad way either.
I was so happy & carefree. I lived my life then. I tried things I normally wouldn't have & shared more about myself then I ever have before. I had friends that called me constantly & wanted to spend time with me. I was involved in so much.
Does that stuff from high school just fall away when we grow up?
I know it isn't exactly possible to be in ASB or Pep band at our age, but what was it about back then that made us into such different people?
Sure, age & maturity changes us.
Kids definatly change us!
Marriage changes us.
Somewhere deep down inside of me is someone who wants to act again, play music again, dance againg & maybe just a little bit, cheer too (minus the bummies!).
Someone who wants to perform again. Be in the spotlight? Not exactly because all of my performing was done with others. I was more of a supporting character!
Lord, help me find the person again.
Help me to be more free again & step out into this world more.
High school was fun, but it doesnt' mean its over.
I'm still that person, just a lot more older & wiser...well maybe! :)
2 comments:
you know there are days that I would love to go back to Highschool. I had a blast, even though it was probably some of the most awkward years of my life. I have some great memories of life back then. A cheerleader? :)
Of course I remember that..one of my proudest luckiest days as a driver! I loved high school too, would love to go back, would do it all again! Besides, that's where we became such good friends! T-T-T Trojans!
Post a Comment