Back to work today....boooo....
Don't get me wrong, I'm very thankful to have a job that pays well & a job where I have a ton of favor at, but it just isn't where my heart wants to be right now.
If you've actually taken the time to read some of my older blogs (or my other blog at e4God.com) I talked endlessly about my job. It started to get a little too much job talk after awhile. But I've read thru a lot of other people's blogs that have talked about their jobs and I'm glad to say, I'm not alone in my feelings! :)
It just seems like an odd combination to be in a job that I don't really like to go to everyday, but a job where no matter how often I change my schedule or say I need a day off my work just bends over backwards to please me.
Why can't I just like where I'm at?
Why don't I just appreciate the favor I have & stay??
Because I just know this isn't where God wants me to be forever.
For now, yes. I think God put me there for a reason. I have healed a lot from a previous job where my name was tainted & I was drug thru the mud. But now that I've spent a lot of time healing & I know that I'm good at what I do and people appreciate me, I feel like I need to move on.
I need to move on mainly for my sanity! You have no idea what it is like to work in any retail enviroment at Christmas time from 1996-the Present!! ITs madness!!
Get this, not only have I worked in retail since 1996 but I have had 2 jobs during the C-mas time at the same time at retail stores! Yes, I'm a gluten for punishment.
Honestly, I'm torn...
Good job, good pay, pretty decent hours available, pretty good management team, loads of favor & obviously who doesnt' like a good discount?!
But when do you know its time to leave?
The line, "there's no time like the present" comes to mind!
Gotta Go!
BIggest Loser is on.
Go Suzy!
I didn't know you well, but warms my heart to see a woman of God on the show! :)
2 comments:
I can't imagine working in a store like yours at Christmas...I need to get in there and visit you...you should send me your schedule so I can come up and have lunch or something with you on one of your breaks!
Post a Comment