Hopefully by Wednesday I'll have finally had a chance to sit down with Noah's principal & possibly his teacher to discuss this whole situation with the kid who tried to choke Noah.
Noah did say that the boy was "sick" today. I do have to wonder if that is really the truth. I must admit I do secretly hope he was suspended for a little bit of time... Sort of mull over what he did.
Sitting down & talking with teachers & administration people at schools is always nerveracking for me.
I don't get a lot of respect from other adults because I look about 15 on the outside. When I start talking, usually I might come off as at least being a little older then 17. But in general my appearance sort of throws people.
I'm pretty sure that they think I was a teen mom right away when they learn I have a son. Won't they be sad when I'm pushing 60 & still looking about 30. That might be a little over the top, but it is the only thing I can hold onto right now.
Spend an eternity wishing I looked older, then finally being older & thanking God for my ageless beauty!! :)
For now, I'll just have to settled for being judged.
Its funny how we do that. I think on a daily basis we judge people for the smallest things based on their outward appearances. We might look at someone who we might assume doesn't speak english for example and then boom, realize they probably speak better english then us!
I hate to use the word Judge, but if I use the word assume, you know what happens when we assume??!! Its pretty much the same as when we judge we still make fools out of ourselves.
I probably shouldn't go into any teacher meeting assuming that they are judging me. I should go in there & hold my head high & just be proud to be an involved parent!
More later!
MKD
1 comment:
Marice, you do look the same as the day we met! Good luck with the meeting...you are tough and fiesty...I'm sure you can hold your own!
Post a Comment