Have you ever just been in a place in this world that actually allows you to dream?
Maybe its a place in your house like a closet, your backyard or your car while in traffic!For me, its Seaside, Oregon. Basically its a beach that can be a tourist town during the summer, but when I go its my place to be ""away from it all"" and a place to think.
I went there recently for a Mommy Sabbatical. I’’ve been married for 7 years now, son is 7 years old now & in the bible (don’’t ask me where! I heard it in church one Sunday) that after 7 years they would take a break. So for me it only seemed natural & I was stressed out anyway!Being near the beach & sitting on the sand really is a God experience for me.
To look at the beauty of what He created makes me want to just worship Him all the more. It simply defines the word Majesty. The Pacific Ocean & any ocean to me says Majesty.So I was trying to explain to my husband that being in Seaside makes me more open to Dream & think about what I could do with my life.
I’’m 27 years old now I would have thought by now I could have figured that out by now, but I think its an ever changing process regardless of age.I spent a lot of time on the beach just thinking.Just breathing in & out.Being alive.Then I would strap on my IPod & walk down the Promenade (Prom for short) and dream. It runs along the beach so you still feel like your walking on the beach, even though the water is a good walk to the edge.My head would be held high & I felt like smiling at strangers. Walking tall & proud, like royalty, makes perfect strangers look at you differently.
We are all Royalty when you think about it.We are heirs to God’’s Kingdom & all its riches & glory. Which is better then any pirates booty or Throne on this earth.
But then I come home and ""life"" weighs me back down & those dreams feel like only that, a dream again. No longer reality, but something that might have crossed my mind at one point in my life.
Why do I allow myself to be hindered by daily life?
Honestly I don’’t know. I think like anyone else on this earth I want to be accepted, but wanting to please Man doesn’’t gain me much.I want to walk again with my head held high & a smile on my face & have strangers look at me & think ""what is it about her that makes her so confident?""And I can tell them my secret.
My secret is I just love God & love His People.
Come & join me.
Lets find something to smile about together.
Lets be fishers of Men! Instead of Man Pleasers!
Pleasing Man won’’t bring me Eternal happiness anyway.
Its always short lived & eventually Man will do something to hurt.I’’m tired of pleasing Man. I want God to look down on me here on this earth & think about how Proud He is of who He created me to be. I want that final day for Jesus to turn to me and say, ""Well done good & faithful servant.""
Isn’’t that all it is being a Christian?
To bring people to Christ. Its so simple.
I heard someone say on the radio on my way down to Seaside (its about a 2-3 hr drive from my house) that said, ""Do you believe in God? But do you Believe God?"" In other words in one thing to Believe in God, but a totally other thing to Belive in God & what his Word says.It really stuck me.Yes, I believe in God, but do I really believe everything his Word says & all the promises it has
No comments:
Post a Comment