(this is Another old Blog Entry)
I think God is REALLY moving in my life right now. Have you ever just felt like something was happening without you knowing it? As though you know things are changing around you, but it hasn’’t hit just yet?There haven’’t been many seasons where I have felt God moving.Maybe I didn’’t notice if He was. Or maybe I was too consumed with something else to see it coming.
Today my Pastor preached on how sometimes instead of letting God be the ""Vine,"" we try to be. Even though we need to let God be the vine & us be the branches, we try to be more then just a vine––we are more like a stump. It made me think a lot.Am I trying to run my life without allowing God to be the Center?
Am I assuming I can handle it better then he can?I’’m really struggling with a Faith issue about that right now. Struggling with wanting to Really Let God be the Vine & trust him (the faith part!!) by letting him deal with the things that weigh be down in this world.
Why can’’t I just trust Him?Can’’t I truly believe that God can get me a better job?
Do I not believe that He’’ll be able to provide for us if I do get a different job?
don’’t I believe that I’’ll be happier with a different job?
And why Do I go round & round when it comes to job issues?? It drives me crazy.
If I let go, will it be better?
Do I believe I can let go fully & stop taking it back off the Altar everytime I freak about it?
I had someone at church pray with me about my frustrations concerning work. His response was that he didn’’t like his job, but he is the only light in his work to minister to others, so he stays. And that was that……To say the least I was even more frustrated.
Do I have to stay in a job that doesn’’t make me happy because I’’m the only light in it? That didn’’t make sense to me.
Doesn’’t God want the desires of our hearts & for us to be happy? Maybe I have it backwards? Although, just because one person believes that for them doesn’’t mean it works for me……right?Here I go again second guessing myself!
The other day during some quiet time with Me, God & worship music I really felt like God was whispering to me ""Minister with Music."" I knew it had to be God because it didn’’t really go beyond that & it made me wonder, How? Minister how? With what? Whose music? But mostly, HOW?IT could be really simple & I’’m just trying to make it difficult because we think God is this Deep thinker who speaks in Parables & mystery. I dont’’ think He works that way, otherwise nothing would get done in this world!
Music means a lot to me though.
Am I a singer? Nope.
Am I a musician?
I wouldn’’t say so.
Really I just love music & all things Music. All types of Music, anything really. If I could have an IPod that had a never ending battery life I would be happy. If I could somehow just surround myself in music every moment of my waking day, I would.I need to pray more. I think it all ties together with God moving His Mighty Hand over my life. Sometimes I think I feel a pinch or pressure from His hand. Not in a bad way, but a way to make me feel just a little uncomfortable so I will DO something. Just enough to make me make some decisions.God is great like that.God is good……All the time……
No comments:
Post a Comment