So this week just feels like its testing my faith big time. After having missed already one week of work, my husband is now on 2 weeks of missed work. Not because of his injury, but because of there not being any work avaliable.
To add more to the pot our Masters Commission Student moves in next weekend & I still don’t quite have all that I need for her room yet.Thankfully she has a bed though & I’m in the process of getting that bed outfitted.
But with the end of the month fast approaching, it only means that my mortgage is also fast approaching.As it is, this mortgage is new for us. New as in more expensive. So I have that pressing on my mind as each day passes that he doesn’t work.
Needless to say, I’m feeling the pinch.Its like a vice that is just tightening just a little bit more each day!!
Its not fun anymore.
I thought I was handeling this better then I’m right now. I really didn’t feel this way a week ago. Although, at the time we just figured he’d go back to work. We didn’t think he’d actually be out of work this early in the season.
Oh how I’m growing to dispise the construction trade….
BUT besides all that, I’m still thinking about those effected by hurricane Katrina….Here I’m griping about missing just 2 weeks of work & the vast majority of those down there dont’ even have a work to go to anymore. I can’t imagine that. And to think that construction is so slow up here & how crazy it’ll be down there soon.
Its so much to think about….So many effected & hurting.I’ve given, but you just can’t help but wonder if it really was enough. I gave lots of clothes. Clothes I would have normally sold on ebay for a profit, but I really just felt like God was telling me to be give it to them instead.
I gave some $$ that my work double matched. Which was the best because my gift went even farther.
I just hope that I don’t forget those who have such bigger needs then myself, but I need to remember too that if I don’t express my needs they won’t be met.
MKD
No comments:
Post a Comment