Rosh Hashanah marks the beginning of a new year according to the Hebrew Calendar and its truly a new year for us as well.
Marks some beginnings like noah starting 6th Grade.
James started school today.
And I'm celebrating 2 years with my current employer.
this is also a time of uncertainty but for some reason I just know its going to be great! Yes, its full of scary stuff like what will happen with James's unemployment while he goes to school and how will we pay for school, but for some reason we know it'll all work out.
now I do have my days when I get so scared and full of fear about the unknown that I nearly lose my mind. Those are the days I drink too much coffee and my brain goes into overdrive!
I do find it funny that this is the time in our lives we are literally living thru a season of blessing. Its ironic really.
I'm finding I need to give more and more and MORE then usual.
the other day I gave away concert tickets that I had won (another great thing!) to someone who really wanted them.
I'm sort of making it my motto to give out of my own want and need. Its just easier to bless people who truly need or want something - in the end I probably don't need it.
Don't get me wrong - I can't just go out and buy anything I want to give to people, but I'm finding great deals for people! I found a ton of bedding for a homeless place that works with those within our community for 75% off the price! Hey, if someone needs something I'm out to find it and find it for CHEAP.
Also, a local pet shop is letting james sell some of his dog and cat creations - blessing right there! They take a small cut from the sale of our item, but just getting our stuff out there is HUGE when it comes to spreading the word on what james can do. Lots of special people in our lives right now.
So while this season is hard - very hard at times - its soo good. God is so good!!
What makes it so worth it is knowing all that we are going thru is not in vain. God is going to use this to HIS glory and his blessings are So great. If he can create the heavens and the Earth - he can bless little ol' me.
Happy New Year to us!
No comments:
Post a Comment