I'm going to be completely honest (shocking I know), I wasn't sad to see 2009 end.
2009 was not fun in so many ways, but it was also really good in many many ways!
Although the hardest part was dealing with James's job loss having him around more has been wonderful. He's happier and talks to me a lot more which makes married life easy. Not to mention that we are saving money on not having to pay for childcare!! WhooHoo! Small price to pay, but its a huge price to pay having James being out of work.
But alas I can't obsess over the whole out of work thing....doing so has led me to gain weight and start to lose my hair!! Ok I haven't really lost a lot of my hair, but I have packed on some weight. UGH. I forget that I'm in my 30's now and my metabolism is NOT like it used to be. Stupid metabolism.
Its totally my metabolism's and age's fault. It had nothing to do with the cookies or candies or sweet goodness of all that is made of sugar.
While I'm not proud of the whole weight gain and attitude surrounding my life in the last couple months I have been more aware of what I want out of life in going thru this. Yes, people tell us that "God won't give you anything you can't handle" and I do think thats true. Nothing I've gone thru in the past year destroyed me or my life -- in fact it was pretty easy considering what we could have gone thru. This is like candy compared to some people's lives or situations!
I've had to take a serious look at what I want out of life (what else is new?!) and start to be real about savings and planning. I've never been a good goal maker nor do I keep my goals if I make them. But now with 6 months of no work for James and the worry about him falling into depression possibly, we need to get real about life and where we are going.
Thankfully we've been good about our finances and are not foolish when it comes to debt. Sure we have some debt but its nothing crazy huge and won't bankrupt us. Thank the Lord for that one.
I do believe God prepared us for this year in more ways then we can count. His miracles I'm sure are many in our lives. I wish I could see them all, but then I wouldn't trust like I do when they seem to happen at the last minute!! Thats why they call it a miracle!!
Somehow we make Noah's school payment every month even though we are making about $300 less PER WEEK on unemployment. I have NO idea how we keep making our bills. Just that we keep tithing and trusting.
God is SO good and he will never let me beg for bread. I've had people drop food off at my desk at work a few times and we are blessed to have a large food bank available every month to tap into if we need to.
So life isn't perfect but when is it ever?? But God is perfect and it keeps us going every month. Just remember to give give give give and you'll never be poor by giving things away!
Sorry for the confusing post.
I'll be better in the next one. Trying to get back into this blog thing again!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment