Ok so we ending week 1 in our TV Fast so I thought I would update you all on how its going.
Amazingly well honestly. Noah has been awesome about it!! He surprised me as well & he holds US accountable for not watching TV. His video gaming has also died down a bit and he's showing more interest in reading or being read too.
This is such an incredible change for us and I'm so proud of him. I think I might buy him a used video game of his choice once this is all over as a surprise. (note the USED note! lol! Green & going strong people!)
I can actually count how much TV I've seen this month. Maybe 3 hours total. If that. I'll admit to watching Project Runway that I had DVR'ed last night. I know, I gave into the temptation. James has only pretty much watched LOST and thats about it. That I'm aware of anyway! Although I know Noah would tell me if James slipped up and watched TV.
What I have found that without TV I'm more likely to workout, clean the house, read my bible or read in general and just plain get stuff done. Shocking I know, but I'll admit to zoning out in front of the TV and then looking up wondering where the time went! Not very healthy to say the least.
What I'm most thankful for though is Noah not watching TV and incredibly enough NOT COMPLAINING!!! Well, he still complains, but I mean he isn't complaining about not getting to watch TV. For him, this has been a good change. I'm hoping this will stick. Like forever. Maybe one day even get rid of our cable and save about $58 a month!!!! That would be nice.
Blessings people. Consider the TV Fast. Not the computer fast though....let's not go crazy here.
1 comment:
Good for you guys!
Post a Comment