
So I've been toying with this idea for a few years now. And this surgery thing and staying at home alone with my thoughts has only made me think MORE!! So this idea kept coming up again and again (is that you God?!) so I thought I would pen it on paper.
'Cause you know, "Write it down and make it plain..." or at least I think that's what the scripture says anyway! LOL!
A few years back I was going to work with a mothers home in Puyallup supported by YWAM. Anyway it didn't work out because I went back to school. However one mom we were able to give a bunch of preemie clothes to her newborn. It just felt good. So I started thinking...
What if new moms or families in need were able to go somewhere and get what they wanted for their new baby?
Just like a food bank, but instead a clothing bank for newborns.
Obviously this isn't a new idea. There is Cinderella's Trunk in Bothell that does this same thing for Prom dresses for those who can't afford them. Its an idea that can truly touch others in an area that is near and dear to their hearts.
So you know how you have all those clothes from your baby that you said, "These are just too good for the Goodwill, but not quite good enough for a consignment shop." Or you have clothes just laying around because you don't have time to consign them or its out of season to consign.
Or you just like to hang onto your stuff just in case you either have another one or your friend has a baby soon. And usually you don't have another baby nor does your friend and alas, you still have a bunch of stuff laying around.
That was a long winded explanation!
What I would love to see is sort of like a store for moms to come into. Maybe not even a store, maybe just a basket. But either way, someway to bless new moms who just can't get the basics for their babies. I like the store idea because I want moms to be able to pick stuff themselves. There is always that feeling of wanting to choose what you want for your baby. Rather then just being given stuff. (although in some cases that might be all there is to do is give)
I don't know. This idea is just too big for me honestly. I was thinking about it over the summer after going to yard sales. Thinking, "What are these people going to do w/ all this baby stuff?" Knowing full well they would either store it up again or give it away to the goodwill. I had hoped to create a flyer/business card that says, "Whatever you don't want give to me and I'll give it to someone in need." But it all sounded so cheesy and fake in my mind.
Like I told a friend, It all sounded so good in my mind, but when I put it out on paper it sounds like a mess and a lot to take on.
In fact I'm debating deleting this post all because it sounds like a lot of work...and besides its not like people don't already do this for people anyway right??
Help me work thru this idea. give me your ideas. Tell me your thoughts. Good or bad. Trust me I've thought of plenty of bad ideas! LOL!
Anyway, hoping to get some comments going on the blog again. Been pretty quiet out there in blog land.
More later...
2 comments:
I think it's AWESOME and I don't think it would take as much work as you think. Make those little cards, start handing them out and leaving them places...create a little website...get a PO Box and then just sit back, pray and wait. You'll be amazed at what God will do when you just make yourself AVAILABLE. :)
Go girl go.
That is a great idea! I agree with Jess. Just start small. You never know what God will do!
Post a Comment