Monday, June 04, 2007

Prayer for the Memories


Hey all~

I know I promised to write about my trip, but my trip really hasn't ended yet. I'm deeply, deeply saddened that one out of the 2 pieces of luggage I brought with me, one was lost from Vancouver to Seattle.

It managed to make it all the way from Manila, but fails to make it less then 4 hours from Seattle. Go figure.

The reason I'm so upset is because the piece that was lost has all of the gifts I was going to give and also the gifts I received from the other agents there.
So needless to say I'm concerned.

I know to pray for material things seems so petty, but these aren't just material gifts, they are memories I desperately want to remember my trip by. The things I'm most upset about are the gifts from my new friend's in the Philippines that I know they spent time thinking about before purchasing. Those gifts are causing me the most heartbreak....

Please pray that my luggage is found soon. I don't want to think about how someone may have possibly taken it thinking it was their's? However this I do doubt, but of course cannot deny I've thought it.

They are supposed to deliever it to my house and I'll admit I'm dying to call that lost luggage line to see if they have located it...they can't do much when it has been barely 24 hours.

So yeah, that is my angst right now.

I've actually cried a lot about this. It was how James got to see me when he picked me up from the airport--Me in tears over my lost bag.... Probably made him freak a bit!

I assure you all that I'm well. Minus this little snafu I'm healthy and grateful for such an amazing trip. I'm tired and confused about where I'm supposed to be at night. Woke up last night wondering where I was and feeling like a stranger in my own home! Seriously, Jet lag will do a number on your brain! All in all I know this trip is going to be a springboard for me to really advance from here on out.

I might not know that now, but sooner or later my hard work there will pay off here.
Next trip on the agenda? El Salvador!

Ok--probably not going to go on that one! However I could and you just never know where the wind might blow me...

2 comments:

Rachel Ann said...

Marcie

I'm so sorry about the lost luggage. I had that happen, and it was actually delivered to my doorstep when I was sleeping off my jet lag! So I'm definitely praying that it makes it home.

You look great in that picture!! Did you have to go to work today, or do you get a few days off to get readjusted?

Love Ya
Rachel

The Young Family said...

I am so sorry to hear of your luggage. I have only traveled internationally through Vancouver a couple of times, did you pick it up in Vancouver and go through customs? or was it gone before you got it? Either way I am praying for you, I know that what it means to have all your treasures in one bag, I have always gotten mine returned (once after 4 days) I would be bummed too. Sorry to hear of that happening. El Salvador? wow how cool would that be! Again I am glad you are back, and I pray your bag will be returned to you quickly! Em