Ok so I had a complete epiphany while waiting at Sea-Tac for my flight. I don't know if many of you have been to the 'D' Concourse where all the shopping and the food court is? Well anyway it has this gorgeous windows all along the wall that looks out onto the runway and you can just sit and watch the planes take off for hours. Its really neat. (James helped build that concourse btw! Shameless hubby plug)
So I was watching all the planes take off while rocking in a rocking chair (yes, a rocking chair how cool is that!?) and I just had a thought about this whole trip thing that brought me a lot of peace. The line, "This is why I get up every morning. To experience God's creation in its glory" came blazing thru my mind and I thought, "Now that is a perfect reason why I need to do this trip. TO expand my borders literally."
I'm quite the chicken when it comes to doing things out of my comfort zone and I blew myself away by pushing past those feelings and going for this trip. Which made me think, I must have overcome those fears at some point. And I'm pretty sure it was when I was standing on the stage at church and had that feeling of peace that helped me to know that everything was going to be ok because it was in God's hands. Maybe I let go? That's for God to know right!? Besides I'm more then happy to be done with anything that hinders my growth so however it went away, its all good.
So the whole time during my trip the motto that ran thru my head was, "This is why I get up every morning...." There was so much to see and appreciate throughout the city and getting to see God's creation from the Air and Land was amazing as well.
Now I'm trying to carry that motto here at home. Obviously since I've seen the US over and over again, I've started to not appreciate it as much as I should. So now I'm trying to wake up each day thinking about why I wake up every morning. Why do I bother? What is driving me to get up and get thru my day? Because I don't have to get up. I could lay in bed all day and sleep my life away. But I can also sleep my life away by just going thru the motions of life--in bed or actively going thru my day.
I don't want to sleep thru my life. I know I have. Its easy to fall into the trap of going thru life and never stopping to think about why I get up and do this thing we call life everyday. Am I doing it for me or for Him?
Those are the things I'm grappling with now that I'm at home.
I can't say I had some incredible breakthru while in the Philippines. Remember I was there for work! But some things I did come away with is how the people were and I'll get into that later. But the biggest one was the Motto.
When you wake up tomorrow think about why you get up every morning and what do you live for when you do.....?
1 comment:
Awesome Motto!
Mine? "Let Go and Let God!"
Post a Comment