When we landed in Cebu it was the crazy airport all over again. Although this one was much smaller.
Note to those flying thru Cebu, you have to pay for those people who are practically ripping your luggage from you to carry your stuff to the cab. Its so rude and you are so confused that they are with the cab company, they are not. So they stand there wanting money and you're like, yeah and your point is what? Its a tad embrassing.
Anyway, our next hotel was ok. The Cebu City Marriott is where we stayed this time. I was lucky enough to get the 11th floor of a 12 story building so I had a view of the water. Ok the water was really far away, but hey this time I could see something cool.
The food was good there, but the pool was not very private. Breakfast buffet included each morning here.
Wow speaking of breakfast! In Cebu it was REALLY obvious that they ladies were not with these men, but "with" them, if you catch what I'm saying here. It was one of the things we watched for each morning. See these geeky white american men come down with these young hot things! Wonders never cease.
Cebu was great because I finally got to go to the beach!
We went the day after we got there.
We spent the first half of the day touring the city. Getting to see the sights of Cebu and many temples and churchs throughout the city. Since we went on Sunday the churches were PACKED. And if you couldn't fit inside some churches had loudspeakers outside playing the service for everyone to hear.
They say in Cebu that when you go into a church for the first time you have to make a wish and it'll come true. So I did. Why not? Couldn't hurt.
We did go to a Temple you may have seen in my pictures below. It was the red one with all the dragons. Anyway, that place was unique. It was SO DANG HOT that day I was doubting I would survive the day at the beach since it was barely 11am I thought I was going to die.
Thats why my pictures look so bright and white----because it literally WAS bright and white with sunshine!!!!
Anyway, we headed off to the Shangri-La Resort and Spa for our day at the beach!
I was SUPER excited! I mean my first time at an exotic beach that has white sand!!! It was HOT when we got there. WE killed a little time & then headed off for a great buffet lunch. Buffets are big there! Then we all settled on some spa treatments.
I figured why not treat myself. They make the prices cheaper for foreingers anyway! Really they do. So I decided to go with the upper body message, but beachside.
OH it was HEAVEN. I could literally hear the ocean rolling in from the little gazebo type thing I was getting it done it. (see pictures below for the picture of my hut!)
The warm breeze blew in and you were getting a message. Does life get any better then that?? It was terrific!
Now everything else won't be the same anymore. Too bad I set the bar up so high.
SO funny story. YOu know how when you get a message, well you are typically nakey. So I had my clothes laying on the side of the place and then changed into my swimsuit when the message was over.
I remembered when we got into the car that I had left my clothes in the little message hut.
So there I was running thru the resort hoping and praying my clothes were still there. I doubted anyone stole them because did I mention it was my BRA & Tshirt stained with Chocolate on it???
Yeah, I needed that bra for the rest of the week!
Thankfully my clothes were there still. I was glad! Just a little embrassed I had to admit I had lost my bra in a fancy resort.
The beach really was white. Again its hard to tell what my pictures are due to the sun beating down on the white sand.
There were fish out in the water too. They didn't come up to you or anything they were just there. Unique fish, about the size of my hand long with black stripes or circles on them. I didn't want them to get too close personally, but it was different!
I can still picture that day on the beach. It was so great..... That was the day I realized how lucky I was to be choosen to go on this trip. Here I was hanging out with 2 master trainers, the general manager of both centers in the Philippines and of course my managers. It was blessed really.
The rest of the week was another blur of work. We did more shopping, but this time it was all in mall settings. They don't have a Greenhills like they do in Manila!
I made fast friends in Cebu though. They showered me with gifts and were really curious about the US. Its interesting telling them about the States. I guess you just think everyone knows everything about the US.... We think we are so superior I guess. It was humbling. Very humbling.
Another quick travel tip: Coming back from the Philippines you lose about 3 hours off your flight due to the winds. I was SO excited when I heard that one!
I watched Road Hogs on the way home (stupid movie BTW) and I did sleep a little bit.
I took 2 sleeping pills on the way home & it didn't really effect me. When I had taken 2 sleeping pills in Manila I think I slept for about 10 hours! Note to Self: Do Not take 2 sleeping pills--you are a smaller person who it might effect a little too much!
I was glad to be home.
But now I feel different. I don't feel like I"m at home at work anymore. I think I realized my true potential while out there.... Realized I was good at what I do for a living. For those of you who know what I do, I'm sure you're thinking how in the world are you good at just listening?? Its much more then that, we're an extention of training once the agents get onto the floor. So in a small way I train people to do their jobs better and I did that while on this trip.
I saw how much I needed to grow up on that trip too. How sheltered my life has been...
I have never been on a mission trip so for me this was like that in a very non-Christian sort of way! I saw the world thru new eyes.
And you know what?
God has made some incredible people and incredible places...
Go out and enjoy it while you can...
And Enjoy your trip while you're there!
1 comment:
I must say I truly love hearing about your trip... I so know the feelign that you set the bar a little high with your on the beach massage. Last year while on the cruise with our friends Liz and Foster, we were in Cozumel, Mexico and it happened to be my birthday so Liz bought me a message on the beach. Ahhhhhh so relaxing. I can't wait to do it again. Just need the beautiful beach setting, and I am so there. Anyway I can relate. Thanks for the fun stories, I feel like I went with you.
Post a Comment