Ok so you all know how I'm shooting to look like Shakira whose body is most like mine.....when I lose about 15 lbs!!!!!
Anyway, I thought I would update you all on how that is going.
Its not.
there you have it.
My workout update.
I am not doing so hot on working out. Jessica has been my accountability partner in our endeavors of losing weight together. So far I have lost zero lbs. I don't know where I'm going wrong!?!?
I mean, it couldn't be those delicious Dark Dove Chocolate mini-morsals I eat at work. Or the full size candy bars I sneak after my workout.
That stupid treadmill is a joke anyway. I could walk for 3 hours and only burn about 300 calories. I mean, truly does walking really benefit anything!!!
And then there is my loving husband whom commenting on my clothing size after my trip to the mall, "What happened to your size 2 and 4 sized clothing? Why are you buying such big sizes?"
He is so sensitive to my feelings and needs.
And it couldn't be that delightfully yummy Dove chocolate bunny from Easter I'm proud to say I haven't finished yet. Ok, I just opened it yesterday and its half gone, but that took some self control people!! And I forgot about it for 3 weeks. But that is besides the point!
Stress always makes me eat too. And I couldn't possibly be stressed out about going for work to another country with food that is going to effect my IBS and being away from my family for 16 days!!!! Nah, that is a walk in the park.
Then there is the elipitical God Blessed me with. He brought it into my life free of charge. I hate the thing. I get winded about about a minute. I mean, truly I look like someone who is 500 lbs overweight on the thing. I sweat, I pant, I get all pink in the face, my hair starts sticking out everywhere and my knees are begging for mercy! Its horrible.
But PRAISE GOD for my blessing!!!! The blessing that is kicking my butt, literally and figuratively.
I find myself at work just freaking out about finding candy somewhere in my desk and panic sets in if I'm out. Then I go grazing to the manager desks because they always have candy. Its pathetic truly.
I'm glad I'm not attempting a diet where I had to give up sugar because I think my candy sugar level would drop so dramatically that the resulting effect could be fatal to those around me.
But PRAISE GOD he blessed me with another exercise contraption. This time in the form of the exercise ball. God truly knows every need you have people! Sometimes even the slightest passing prayer can get answered.
That exercise ball is going to be the death of me people.
I can hardly stay on it and when I used it for a moment to do some crunches I thought I was going to die.
Yes, exercise is not something that I get along with, but you know what? At least I'm making attempts at getting in shape. Because darn it all, I'm fitting back into my clothes again. I'm tired of having button marks from my pants on my gut. It kinda hurts!
2 comments:
LOL...I'm not laughing at you, just with you! I'm sure you are doing great and are just being too hard on yourself!
I need to see you before you leave on your trip. I saw James at church yesterday and I feel like I haven't seen you in forever...I guess I need to come to Sat night once in a while!
I was laughing too, as I read your post. Not at you. But I know how hard it is to get into a routine. After Derrick had the stroke, I went into fanatic exceriser overload! I don't think I missed a day for about 7 months. I was also training for the 1/2 marathon. Let me tell you that it does get easier, you just have to make it part of your life! After ~they~ say 30 days, I say 60 days of doing it consistently then you feel like you must do it, your body needs it! I know when I miss a few days now, I miss it... Some kind of a goal helps to, train for a 5k, or go stupid crazy like I did never run before and sign up for a 1/2 marathon! (I don't suggest this method, pure madness I tell you) I am now into doing Triathlons, I love them! So it keeps me going. Hope my rambling helps a little. Em
Post a Comment