Saturday, March 10, 2007

Fasting for an answer


So I'm going to start a fast tomorrow.
I normally wouldn't proclaim that piece of information unless I needed help.

Help.

Yup, I need help. Not just with the fast, but that I'll get some answers. I know in the bible is says how important fasting can be to get answers & deal with certain issues... That's what I'm seeking.

So what do I need help with...
Well lets just say I'm fasting because I'm tired of dealing with something I brushed off for Years now as what I thought was just bad dreams. more like literal dreams. To put it bluntly, I'm being attacked majorly in my sleep.
I'm not going to go into detail about it. I'll just leave it at that.

Please pray for some rest for me, but mostly that I'll get an answer for as to why I've been attacked in my sleep for so long. I need the strength to keep up this fast & find answers in my own prayers & bible reading.
Which poses another HUGE problem--I suck at bible reading & praying. So its sort of a 2-fold fast.

There you go.
Any encouragement this week you come across--tell me about it! I want to hear your prayer requests too. It'll give me something to fill up my time which I usually use for stuffing my face!


3 comments:

Cagle Clan said...

I will pray with you about this.
I am sure with this being something you have dealt with for a long time you have tried just about everything.
But, one thing I do when I am struggling with something or right before I minister.. I will put on a worship CD at night and play it in my room while I sleep. Praise and worship is a powerful tool to drive back the enemy and since I can't really do it in my sleep, I play it in the room. I often feel like there is angel singing over me as I sleep. I normally like to sleep with silence but worship has never bothered me. I always sleep very peacefully and my mind wakes on the Lord.
Isaiah 26:3 talks about how the Lord will guard and keep in PERFECT and CONSTANT peace those who's minds are stayed on Him.
I feel playing worship while I sleep keeps even my subconscious mind STAYED on Him. And the promise is.. perfect and CONSTANT peace. Have you tried this?

The Young Family said...

Jess,

Good idea. I had never thought of that before. I like that.

The Young Family said...

Sorry, Marcie I didn't mean to leave you out. I think that your prayer and fasting is great - wow how horrible am I I go to your blog and leave a comment for someone else! ugh. my manners are horrible! Hope you understand. I really haven't done a lot of fasting... A couple of days but nothing to intesnse, so I am wanting to hear how it all works for you. I am sure you will find answers to what you are looking for.

em