Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Have you ever just felt like someone was just trying to "one up" you?
Where its like you say something, but they have to show that they are better somehow?! Oh man it drives me crazy!
ITs happening to me right now & as much as I'm praying about it (sometimes thru clenched teeth & arrow prayers!!) I'm not being very successful.
Honestly, I don't think anyone is doing this intentionally, but I can't help but take offense. Especially when I'm out of my element & its easy for someone to point out my "wrong."

I need to stop being so sensitive & just be the bigger person right?
Ugh, this too shall pass. This too shall pass...

Work is good.
Lots of long feeling days since I'm working days right now. My schedule is all messed up on sleeping, eating, doing things. But now I can eat like a normal person does; before 7pm at least!
I get to watch TV again which is different. I feel like I've been fasting from TV for a year now so I'm on sensory overload at times.
There isn't anything good on TV right now so I think I've weaned myself from too much TV watching. Which doesn't hurt anything. I used to live my life as what was on TV. That is until they put Project Runway on TV again & then I'll be planning that night around it.
(Side note: Brianna are you into the show Grease: You're the one that I want? Its a little cheesy like American Idol cheesy (sorry folks not an AI fan) but you know how we LOVE Grease! Now wouldn't that be a FUN musical to see in NYC??!)

Life has been good lately.
I'm really trying hard to step out & be uber friendly to people at work. Got to build rapport you know!?
I still have a lot of daily stresses like freaking out about how I'm going to afford to send Noah back to Cascade next year. Which the price has gone up AGAIN. I'm so tapped out with it. Its tough because his school literally costs what a car payment would cost every month. And once school is over we start paying for next year so it never ends.
I keep praying about it though. I know somehow God is going to come thru with the payments for next year like he has been all this year. Somehow there has been money for it every month. He is doing so good there too. I just don't want to do public school for him yet. Probably by the time Noah hits high school if he's still going to Cascade it'll be over $10,000. Which is like the price of college! I kid you not, its over $7,000 for high school kids THIS year. Its outrageous.
The price we pay for an education.

That is life right now.
I want to vent more about work & stuff, but I just can't do it. I'm literally paranoid really I'm. And I've never said anything bad about work, but I'm just on a not-wanting-to-lose-my-good-job- right-now kick.

3 comments:

Rachel Ann said...

I love GREASE...Marcie, you are the one we want!! Corny? YES! BUt fun to watch.

The Young Family said...

wow - I can't believe how expensive private school is! Something I haven't thought about yet.... maybe I should.

No worries on the "one up you" stuff, I have gotten into that before too - it probably isn't intentional but oh how it can feel like it is on purpose! I know that feeling. Your like, "enough already!" Like you said, "this too shall pass!" No worries it will.

Glad work is going well.

Em

Brianna said...

Yeah, a shout out on your blog! I don't watch the Grease show. I work nights now too, and although I DVR just about everything I just couldn't bring myself to watch one more thing! I did see Grease when I was a Senior in high school. We saw it in Seattle when Rosie O'Donnell was in it. It was fun to see live.
So what's going on with the "one upper?" I hate that too!