Saturday, November 11, 2006

Dance Dance!

We went to our Masters Commission's Auction last night to help raise money for when they head off to Asia. It was incredible at all the giving people were doing & really there weren't a ton of people there. Which is even more incredible that because there was few, they gave so much.
The total count was $12,500!!
I think next year they'll probably do the entire auction live instead of silent & live because the live one nearly blew the silent one away!
They auctioned off cakes live & man it was like people were fighting over cars or something. It was amazing.
And during the silent auction it was crazy over this home rental in Moclips, WA for 2 nights~! I think it ended up going for $1400! Crazy.

BUT probably the BEST thing for me was I got what I wanted. I purchased a weekend in Portland, OR which included a hotel stay, food & tickets to the Japanese Gardens there. But I also purchased my dance lessons finally. When I heard they would have that there I was determined to get it.

So now I'm going to have lessons at the Arthur Murrey Dance School where I can learn all sorts of dances like ballroom. I'm SO excited. Now as for taking the classes I don't know when I'll have time, but I have 3 private sessions on this gift certificate & some group ones. I don't know how I'm going to choice which dance to take on!!

Personally I've love to take swing or something sexy like the samba. (sound effect insert here: purring tiger) Oh yeah baby.
James thinks he's going to take them with me, but I don't know. He's not a very coordinated dancer & I'd like to not be so distracted by the teacher taking up time teaching him. Yes, I'm going to be mega selfish here! Just don't tell James!! Just Kidding!

3 comments:

Rachel Ann said...

I'm so excited you won the dance lessons...I know how bad you wanted them! Who knows, maybe we'll see on some show like "Dancing with the Stars!". We had such a blast last night, and made so much more than we expected. God is good! And so are open checkbooks!!! Crazy about the desserts heh? WOW!!! Funny thing is...the dessert that went for $710 (twice) came home with me!! That was some great tasting expensive dessert!

The Young Family said...

That sounds liek fun Marcie Dancing! Although I am the un coordinated one in the relationship here - so I son't think it would be good for me!Glad you had fun!

The Riley's said...

Leonard and I just did a dance class in a small group from church. We learned basic steps in swing and the fox trot.. I LOVE the swing dance.. It is so much fun and so much movements.. Have fun! Don't underestimate James he could suprise ya! It was really good see you and getting to spend time with you on Saturday!!!