Ok so honestly this pictures disturbs me just a little bit because I get the shivers thinking about "what could have been."So James & I were upstairs online looking at Craigslist (current obsession, another story) and I sniffed & said, "oh God something is on fire!"
We run down the stairs & Noah is screaming, "Mama, your bible is on Fire!!"
Sure enough my bible was on fire because it was laying on the stove & the burner got turned on & was slowly torching it!!!
James grabs it & runs it outside (while its still burning) and we grab some water & dose it.
Crisis adverted!
But I was sad.
My bible caught on fire people!!
This was one of my favorite bibles too... I almost cried when I stood there watching it smolder as the thin pages just blew away in the wind... It burnt thru the back of the bible so most of revelations is gone now. Ironic isn't it?!
What is odd is this isn't the first bible I've had ruined. My bible when I was an intern was ruined in my car when my car leaked INSIDE (really safe I know) on the passengers side by the feet. Leaked HOT, burning, coolent into the car right onto my bible.
Thankfully no one was hurt then either. It leaked when we were out of the car, my bible though didn't smell the best after that one. And since it got wet, it was a little large now!
So I don't know what is going on with bibles for me. Just when I start reading them, they get ruined... It should tell me something! That I'm onto something & the Devil doesnt' like it!!! Like how I assume the devil is the one ruining my bibles?? Makes it seem more dramatic that way!
Actually the fire from the stove turning on was Noah's fault. He likes to lean & jump onto the counter in this one corner & he leaned on it just right to turn on the burners when he was reaching for the phone. We have one of those smooth top stoves so its hard to tell when it turns on sometimes. He felt really bad.
So to honor my fallen bible who sacrificed itself upon my stove I have decided to copy my friend Rachel & write a blog devoted to my bible studies. Maybe you won't want to read it for not wanting to tread onto my most private thoughts about God, but I need the accountability & I need to read my bible more. I'll be honest---I don't read my bible like I should & never really have either. This is my opportunity to stop avoiding the subject & really get real with my bible. I'm much better at typing then I'm at writing things down by hand. I have no excuse anymore. So if you want to check it out here is the link: http://onlinelifejournal.blogspot.com/
And if you want to join in the study with me then lets. WE can consider it a bible study that is online & go at your own pace sort of thing.
3 comments:
Well I must confess that I actually threw up on my bible! It was when I was 1st pregnant and having trouble with keeping food down. You cant' really salvage a bible with chunks in it! :)
Ok you win, that is pretty gross! I have thrown up on a bunch of my mom's cassette tapes before. Those christmas tapes didn't ever sound the same again!
Post a Comment