Boundaries seems to be the word of the day this week! We discovered the hard way that Noah's school has some boundaries about having dyed hair. Now if I had been a good little mommy & actually read the school handbook, of course I would have known this. But like most normal people I didn't read it & just sent back whatever form said that I did! Oops.
Apparantly you can't have hair dyed a color that wouldn't grow out of someones head. Well, come on the color of Noah's hair could grow out of maybe an exotic birds head! I don't think they specified an Human Head!
Ok, I'm being a little over the top. But anyway, Noah's wonderful principal said it really wasn't a big deal & they'd let it slide since technically we'd have to buzz off his hair to be rid of the dye job. He sort of looks like he has poka-dots on his head unless you spike it. I don't know what it is with this kids hair. It just isnt' normal.
I would have liked to have seen the scene where James went into talk to the principal yesterday concerning Noah's hair. Didn't help that James's hair has also been recently frosted, but with blond. Probably just made the principals think, those young parents.... What can they do?! :)
Noah thinks he looks totally awesome so its staying for now. I'm afraid we've probably created a monster. Don't worry we won't be doing any sort of facial piercings or tatoos for at least another year or so! Totally kidding. I think that WOULD NOT fly at Noah's school. That is unless you couldn't see it...!
I did decide to write a letter to the neighbor I was talking about in my previous posts. Instead of being snobby, I just decided to play the Mommy Card instead. Laid down the "rules at our house" need to be obeyed at your house too sort of thing. I made it out to be like its a respect thing for us, which it is. Noah has been sort of onery towards us & right now having someone else interjecting to "keep the peace" isn't helping.
Like for example, he always wants to eat over there when james has already made dinner for Noah & Noah will throw a fit when we say no. It doesn't help that they are like serving food with Noah standing right there while saying just call your mom & ask. Noah assumes that means yes no matter what. Not a fun arguement. So I laid out the ground rules--no more eating at your house without prior permission--as in before you start cooking.
Also, no more having Noah over on the weekends. Noah sees these kids like 5 days a week, weekends are my time with Noah. And we'll be restricting how much time Noah will be spending over there from now on because it is taking advantage of their hospitality. Which from experience if Noah's over there a lot that turns into her kids can come over here a lot on a moments notice.
I also gently reminded her that I worked Nights to which I really hope she gets...
She actually gave back my card with a note written on the envelope basically saying its ok for Noah to come over anytime & eat here whenever he wants & so on.
Sometimes even coming out with exactly what you want people to understand still falls on deaf ears. Trust me, I'm not someone to beat around the bush normally, so my note was pretty straight forward about what I needed her to understand.
Oh well, I put myself out there & tried.
At least I put up those borders. We'll see how well it works. James is at least on board with me on what we need from Noah. So that helps!
I probably didn't do it the way you all would have done. By taking the chickens way out by writing a note vs talking to her in person. But that is how she's always communicated with me, so I thought this would be more on her level of comfort. Noah has been over there many times since this note so I guess I didn't ruin it for him at least.
Talk to you all soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment