Monday, March 13, 2006

XXXChurch.com

Ok so I'm just putting this website out there for anyone who might be interesting in helping people with Porn or sexual addictions.

Might I recommend Pete the Porno Puppet & the Save the Kittens Campaign. No it isn't what you think its the exact opposite. But it is SO funny. Maybe some of you had received an email about kitties dying if you did something....? That is where it stems from.
There is also a blog link on their site as well if you wanted another blog to add to your list!

This is Christianity at the Max. Not for the faint of heart nor will this site make it thru any sort of filter you might have on your computer. But if you can disable your filter I highly recommend this website. Came across this site after reading about it in a CCM magazine telling about a band who donated a ton of money to their cause.

Have you ever thought about doing something as radical as this? Or anything radical for God at all? These 2 guys are being slammed by the Christian community, but would God want us to hide our lights? Ok so maybe the Tshirt & the Plastic Jesus's are a bit much, but really their heart behind it is real & its reality. We can't hide from Porn or how it effects us. Porn is quite possibly the best tool Satan has to work himself into the church.

Lets be real & not hide from the sick sides to this world. Tell me what you think after you visit the site. Oh & probably the best to view this site without your kids in the room so you can decide how much you want them to see or understand about this subject! The picture of Ron Jeremy is a little um...YUCK! He is just so unattractive I don't know what people see in him!

http://www.xxxchurch.com/default.asp

*NEWLY ADDED TO THIS BLOG ENTRY*

Here are a few other sites to check out on Porn & Addictions to Porn. These are sites for those seeking to be free from these issues...

http://www.firesofdarkness.com/

http://www.porn-free.org/

http://www.bebroken.com/

Also here is the link to the site Jessica pointed out in my comments...

http://jcsgirls.com/index.html

Thanks Ya'All

5 comments:

Cagle Clan said...

Check this site out...I heard about this on the news awhile back...not too sure how I feel about it. But, I think they are really targeting a specific group...I'd be curious to know what you think.

http://jcsgirls.com/mh.html

MKD said...

Yes, that site you told me about its like a chick version of the xxxchurch site. Although the xxx site tends to lean towards guys they seem to be going to the same conventions & doing the same things!! How awesome to know that women can be rescued from this industry & people do care about them!

The Young Family said...

Interesting sight... I had heard of it but never looked at it. As some of you know I once worked in the porn industry - now before you all go getting your panties in a bunch - I worked stopping porn sites on computers through anti porn software. So I am extremely familiar with how much porn is out there. Our company once went to THE porn convention in Vegas. It was interesting to find out that many porn sights are owned by people in there 60's. Not all mind you but some - People you may think are prudes, but there they are... owning a site. ?why? well the money. That is what gets a lot of people into it... but once in they get caught up in the deviant behavior and then are LOST. OK, I have babbled on... but this topic is one that I am pretty well versed on (or well used to be, I haven't worked there in a while) but it is amazing how small of an industry it really is, save one woman and you can save many! Instead of turning there backs on sins I am glad Christians are out there working to stop this industry from destroying more of our youth. Yes Jesus walked and spent time with prostitutes however he did not say go and become one when you know better! Many people in the industry have such a call on there life from God, but they turn and run as far away from God as they can. As far and as fast a person runs, God will reach them! There are some very hurting people in the porn industry.

MKD said...

Excellent Points Emily! Thanks for sharing with us your previous experience working against it! I definatly think we shouldn't hide from this at all, nor should we accept it. I just found this site very interesting....almost a little bit much, but not like they are bashing a bible against you either. THANKS!!!

Anonymous said...

I think it's great that there are people out there that are not afraid to help people who struggle with Porn or in the Porn industry. Sex is so much apart of our culture that unless people stand up and do something about it our kids are going to be the ones who suffer. I have heard of this church before and their website actually has a accountability download for your computer that you can set up to email someone if you look at questionable material.
K