Monday, January 02, 2006

Welcome 2006

So here we are once again on a new year.
Seems hard to believe that a lot of this year is already being mapped out in my head...
Noah will be turning 8 this year! Eight years old! Do they really grow up this fast? Just too weird to imagine...
Already in my mind I'm picturing the possibilities this year might bring!

I will finally get 2 days off IN A ROW PEOPLE!! I have never had that happen hardly ever in my retail career.
Wow...already I'm savoring the idea of getting to sleep in 2 days in a ROW!! WhooHoo! Ok, technically I probably won't be able to sleep in. I have a son & 2 dogs. None of them understand time or times during the day.

Yesterday I heard a great sermon by one of our Pastors.
I would consider him more of a faith speaking types of Pastors. Lots of fire & Passion behind his feelings... Know what I mean?
Anyway, that isn't important.
I made some notes on what he said throughout the message...
Here are some I felt like sharing
*Focus on the size of your God, not the size of your Task/Problem/situation..
*There is nothing gained in life when you dream small

But the best one I heard out of everything which for me might as well have been the whole message,

*You can't Judge your life by one season*

Wow.
That one right there really hit me. It was like God was saying, there you go that was just for you. How many times have I assumed that from some event or year in my life that I would forever be doomed to be that way forever... Probably more times then I want to remember.
Isn't God just so amazing when He sort of secretly catches you off guard with those hidden messages?
Fantastic.
I got a lot more out of the message then just that, but that stuck with me.

What else I got out of the message was the idea of when you throw in the towel & give up on dreams or ideas. I think I've given up on a lot of dreams in my life over time. It started with not getting to go to college. Then not being able to work in ministry. Never getting to be a manager at any of my jobs. Being successful. And the list goes on....
So I'm starting small with my dreams this year.
I prefer to call them goals because then I might actually achieve them instead of shelving them up there with all the other misc. dreams I might have during some moment.

Some of my goals for 2006 Include:
*Laugh more
*socialize more (even if it kills me!!)
*have a month where I make over $3000
*become a part of some church related group (ie. a small group or something along those lines)
*spend more one on one time with Noah
*pay off my credit cards (again..its been a tough month car wise) and line of credit

And I think those are feasible goals for now. Nothing too fancy (except for that make $3000 in one month. That might be a little far off!) Its going to be different working at night for awhile. James will turn into a single parent at night for awhile...maybe a long while.
I'm really hoping that I become successful enough at doing this work thing that James can start doing something he loves as his own business. And maybe I'm placing a lot on my new job knowing absolutely nothing. But honestly, that is a goal I have. I know James can't do what he does currently forever so we need some sort of option for the long term.
I don't know yet. But it never hurts to start dreaming...

Tell me your goals for this year too!
I would love to read about them! Whether simple or silly, I would love to know!

No comments: