
Just another random picture from my collection o' Pictures. This is Noah at his Thanksgiving Performance at his school. He was an indian for the play.
So more changes are happening around our house again. Our Master's Commission Student is moving out. And yes, it is because of me & my new job. Since they are not allowed to be in your home with the opposite sex she will be moving out next Sunday. Because I'll be working until midnight, it won't line up with the standards that they must uphold during their time serving. I'm really sad actually. I wasn't sure how I would feel to even have someone in my home in the first place, but now that she'll be leaving it is upsetting. I felt like I had a friend I could talk to about anything. Not that she was ever really home for that to always happen....but it sucks. I hate having to uproot her like this during her year serving. She will be moving to a wonderful family who already has a student living with them so that is good....
I guess how I really see it is when she's gone I won't be good anymore.
I know, I know, Good? What the heck does that mean?
Well, having her here or not here always made me check myself when I wanted to sort of fly off the handle at things or be a butt to my family. It was like having an invisible person from the outside looking in & not allowing me to hide my bad attitude towards my family within my home. Does that make sense?
My student never would & hasn't (that I'm aware of!) passed judgement towards me about anything. Now that she's leaving it makes me wonder it I'll revert back to my "old ways."
I suppose that this is a great reminder of how I should live my life at all times no matter where I'm.
I feel the worst that I wasn't able to fulfill the full year with my student like I had planned. Although they are truly never home just knowing you are helping them & the church out does make you feel good.
maybe next year....
A lot is going to change due to my new job. Not only will my masters commission student have to move out, but I have to stop volunteering for Diversion & James will have to stop volunteering at the youth hall.
I didn't exactly plan those changes, but I do believe this will be only for a season as well. Sometimes things have to stop for awhile, even things you enjoy I suppose.
Hope you all have a great week & be sure to check out my blog this weekend because I'm getting my hair cut tomorrow so I'll post a picture of my new do! (and yes, I will try really hard to get a different cut then I normally do!!)
1 comment:
Bummer! Well, at least we can be sure God works all things together for good! I had to switch houses halfway through my MC year too! It all worked out well, I totally saw Gods hand and purpose in it. I understand how having someone there would really raise the level of accountabilty for you though. It can be all too easy to "cast off restraits" when we are home and just with our family. Ask God to help you with that, He will if you ask. OR...you could put up some web cams in your house and we could all keep an eye on you. That's another thought. :)
Post a Comment