SO I got the idea of looking back on this past year from reading Rachel's blog (HI Rachel!!!) and it got me to thinking about where I've come this past year...
Where was I a year ago this time? Well I was everywhere it seemed. I was finishing my last quater at Clover Park Tech doing my DJ shift from 6-9pm every night. I was also working at Barnes & Noble & Old Navy. Crazy. My day was from 9-12 at school then 12:30 or 1 to 5 or 5:30 at Barnes & Noble & then I would go off to DJ from 6-9pm. I just worked at Old Navy on the weekends then....I know, Just.
I don't know what I was thinking last year though! I mean talk about a long day. Yes, it was long & some days I didn't know how I would be able to do it, but somehow I did it & still lived to talk about it.
I spent a lot of time thinking when I was working at KVTI 90.9 FM. There was one day a week where I wouldn't do much but babysit the board. And I thought a lot when I was working at Barnes & Noble because I was sometimes alone working in the back. All that time thinking....
Then I did my internship at KGNW 820 AM from Jan-May. And I did that 3 days a week, sometimes 4 depending on what I needed to squeeze in. somehow I worked & did that. I liked working there. Minus not getting paid (ahh the joys on interning) I loved driving in & out of the city. It was beautiful. We had the BEST view at KGNW. It was literally 2 blocks from the waterfront & I remember sitting in the conference room watching the ferries come & go or watching the sun set. It was spectacular. I can see why it costs to much to live downtown; its priceless. Plus I met so many great people, great christians too. IT was different being in a christian enviroment. We had some great discussions!
Don't forget I graduated in June!! I'm a bone-fide degree holding radio person now!! And now, I get to pay back my student loans!! Yeah! I'm a real college student now!!!
I moved into a real house. That was a real headache. Nothing like losing your buyer of your previous house the DAY of escrow!!! SOOOO glad that is over! God totally moved in our lives to get us this house so I know he played the largest role in that.
We moved to a new church in Feb. of last year. That was a hard decision. I loved my other church, but I wasn't getting what I needed anymore. I was growing stagnet & spiritually I was drying up. Not good. So we started church shopping. And then one day by a fluke we ended up at Puyallup Foursquare & we decided to stay.
We have someone living in our home now. Chipo, my masters commission student. That has been different & nice all at the same time. Nice because now I don't know what it would feel like to live here without her. Its like, that's Chipo's room, it doesn't even involve thought.
All in all its been a great year.
I feel like I've grown a lot in God over the past year. A lot of that had to do with going to a new church & seeing things from a totally new perspective. Its the same bible, but things seem new. Its hard to explain & I don't want anyone from my old church to get offended that I didn't like our pastor or something!
Its like I had to say good bye to our previous church. I felt like I couldn't go anywhere within the church because of ME. My own mindset was holding me back & I needed to take some drastic action on that & go somewhere new.
I thought I could hide in my new church, but not so much. God obviously wasn't down with that idea! So I threw myself into becoming a house parent for Masters Commission. I tried to start a small group, which by the way flopped & no one signed up. But even though that totally tanked, I wasn't disappointed & I'm still there. At least I tried.
God is so different to me now.
He was always there for me, I never doubted that. But over the past year I feel like I've grown closer to Him & I have new ideas of who I'm in Christ & how special I truely am to him. I've seen God get me into a house, sell my old house within 2 weeks (come on, that is totaly God!) , bring new people into my life, keep my finances in check and so much more.
Sure there has been some rough spots this past year! But all in all, I can look back & feel pretty good about this year.
But the best thing is knowing I'm growing in so many areas & that its only going to get better. I've weathered some pretty tough years & bad storms, but on the horizon has always been God standing tall like a lighthouse guiding me thru.
I can't imagine what God has in store for me in 2006, but its going to be good. I see some traveling in my future & more of my limits being tested.
I can't wait to tell you all about it while go thru it!
Merry Christmas everyone.
I hope you have a great day!
And thank you all for being in my life by doing something simple like reading my blog. Your feedback is always special to me.
Be Blessed!
And remember, God is good...All the time!
1 comment:
Merry Christmas.
My what a busy last year you had. I pray many blessings for you and your family (and some peace).
I'm glad that your "fluke" or God's design brought you to Puyallup Foursquare...you are an absolute gem. And I'm glad we bond via blogging.
Post a Comment